Victorian London Fog

Bergamot, Black Tea, Lavender, Oolong Tea, Vanilla
Creamy, Vanilla, Cream, Lavender, Milk, Bergamot, Earth, Smooth, Citrus
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

From Harney & Sons

Victorian London Fog was the winning blend in our customer creation contest! Thousands of blends were submitted and we let you all choose between the top 5 flavors!

The beverage called London Fog originated during the Victorian era. Traditionally, it is an Earl Grey served with steamed milk.

Black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil, lavender, vanilla flavor. Contains natural flavors.

About Harney & Sons View company

Hot Latte with rice milk

The dry leaves say they include oolong and black tea and lavender buds. I could not spot the oolong. There were a some camouflaged lavender buds.
The dry smell is intoxicating. It smells very floral and of vanilla.
The bergamot flavor was really mellow and disappears into the background with the milk. There is a floral note but it is more of a general floral note. I wanted the early grey to stand out more and be stronger. I may try to add more leaves next time for a stronger earl grey flavor. Other than that, overall It was creamy and comforting. It was be wonderful to have on a cold winter day.

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

Nattie

I might have to try a rice milk latte! Sounds interesting

I love this tea. Its is so fragrant and floral and vanilla-y. I just want to dive into a cup and live forever! It is a good twist on Earl Grey, as it tastes very creamy like it already has added steamed milk to form a London Fog. It is great however you drink it, with or without cream, and if you create an actual London Fog with steamed milk, it is amazing. I use this tea primarily in baking my Earl Grey tea cakes with homemade lavender frosting. I always keep this tea in my tea cabinet.

Flavors: Cream, Lavender, Milk, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very tasty! I compared his against Harney’s Earl Grey Supreme, and liked this much better.

Nice, Light but flavorful, a little fruity, hard to put my finger on the flavors. Nice.

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 38

I picked up a sample of this with my last Harney & Sons order, because even though I don’t generally like lavender, I’m still looking for an Earl Grey with cream/vanilla that lives up to my expectations.

Happily, the lavender isn’t all that noticeable next to the bergamot. I can tell it’s there, but it’s not offensive to me. The cream flavor is nice. However, I really wish there was vanilla as well…

It also somehow comes out tasting a bit like coconut in some sips.

So not the Earl Grey cream of my dreams, but still tasty!

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Earth, Lavender, Smooth

ashmanra

Have you tried Cream Earl Grey from Teafrog? It was pretty awesome to me!

One of my newest samples. It looked interesting.

There is a very nice cream, and lavender scent. The flavour is creamy vanilla, which is really good with the lavender and bergamot. Very glad I finally tried some.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Creamy, Lavender, Vanilla

I love this tea. More flavourful than a basic earl grey, not as perfumey as Harneys Paris. The lavender cleans it up a bit without being cloying. I love it. One of my favs. I make it with lots of shaken foamed milk. My perfect afternoon treat.

I had to buy a sample of this recently (thanks to Steepsterers mentioning it. haha.) When Harney has free shipping though, it’s easy to justify buying a couple samples. (Uh oh.) It’s interesting this blend was a winning blend in a contest of thousands submitted. I didn’t know about this contest. The ingredients: Black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil, lavender, vanilla flavor. I didn’t seem to see much oolong with the black tea unless it is of the type that actually looks like black tea. I see the occasional lavender piece. To be honest, I’m not usually a fan of the Earls I’ve tried from Harney, but this one is much tastier than I usually find them. The scent of the leaves reminds me of Fruity Pebbles which I sadly haven’t had in ages. I do detect notes of lavender but none of vanilla which makes me disappointed. The black tea is certainly robust enough (again, where is that oolong if this blend is so strong?) and I love a strong great tasting Earl. I’m glad I only used a teaspoon because this tea is certainly strong enough. Apparently I should have tried this with milk to make ‘London Fog’. I didn’t. So this blend probably wasn’t as exceptional as I wanted it to be, but it definitely isn’t a cup I’d say no to. And with the lack of excellent bergamot teas being sold today, this one is good enough for me.

Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug// 14 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 8 minutes after boiling // 4 minute steep

A bought a sample of this and I’m going to order more. It’s soft and creamy from the vanilla. It tastes great with milk and is sweet on its own. I think I can taste the lavender. It has a floral thing going for sure, but I don’t taste the citrus. That is ok, it’s just yummy as it is. I overbrewed it by about five minutes and it did get a little bitter, but nothing extra milk couldn’t fix.

I love Earl Grey and my favorite is Earl Grey Supreme from Harney & Sons, this is a different taste with the cream and lavender, but just as good! I very much enjoyed the creaminess of the tea. My husband loves this one, very similar to Earl Grey Moonlight from Adiago.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Lavender