Guava Ginseng Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SupremeMongoose

• “I recently received this one from a friend that lives in Hawaii. This smells of glorious guava once opened! Intensely scented for a bagged tea!!! As for the taste - it was more ginseng at first!...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “My dad got this for me. It just wasn't for me. It has a mild strength of guava. It has a cold medicine feel to it, does ginseng have that effect? I have had ginseng tea, but don't remember that...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 258 tasting notes
  • “I purchased this tea during a trip to Hawaii - I love all things guava! This tea is quite good, but it really needs a sweetener to bring out the flavor - I find a little bit of honey does the trick...” Read full tasting note
    SupremeMongoose 35 tasting notes
  • “The problem with ginseng is that it is an overpowering flavor no matter what else you use it with. I do enjoy this tea but I wish that the guava would be more flavorful. Also if you haven't yet,...” Read full tasting note
    skysamurai 281 tasting notes

From Hawaiian Islands Tea Company

Guava Ginseng Green Tea – A refreshing blend of green tea, tropical guava, and ginseng. Sweetener will enhance fruit flavor.

Ingredients: Green Tea, Guava Leaves, Panax Ginseng, Natural and Artificial Flavoring

About Hawaiian Islands Tea Company View company

I recently received this one from a friend that lives in Hawaii. This smells of glorious guava once opened! Intensely scented for a bagged tea!!! As for the taste – it was more ginseng at first! The it was half ginseng and half green tea tasting. The more it cooled I could finally get the guava notes! I prefer to wait on this one to cool a bit so I can get that guava flavor tied in! Once that happened I enjoyed this cup more!

SupremeMongoose

Interesting that you got so much more ginseng taste than I did – mine isn’t very strong at all! I wonder if I have an older batch? :)

Batrachoid

Wow, can you send anything from this company? Their teas sound like they were made for my mother. XD I’ll have to bug the international grocery to carry them.

SupremeMongoose

Batrachoid – you can buy tea directly from the company online: http://www.hawaiianislandstea.com/GuavaGinsengTea/tabid/210/Default.aspx

Batrachoid

Mahalo. =) Ooh, they’re still applying their holiday discount. Mahalo again!

TeaEqualsBliss

I only had one bag of each via a swap or I would gladly send you some if I had it that is! :)

SupremeMongoose

Glad to help! I need to order some more myself :D

Atacdad

completely off topic, but I owe SupremeMongoose for posting that link…they had links to Lion Coffee, which my wife and I fell in love with YEARS ago, but I always thought it was local to the islands only. I hadn’t looked for it in several years, but there it was! cool, very cool! ;-)

SupremeMongoose

Yay! The Internet is amazing ;)

My dad got this for me. It just wasn’t for me. It has a mild strength of guava. It has a cold medicine feel to it, does ginseng have that effect? I have had ginseng tea, but don’t remember that feeling. It reminds me how Coldeeze feels in your mouth, but not as extreme. It’s something that made me not like the tea. The tea itself was just mediocre. I am donating the rest to a friend who has a cold, I hope she enjoys it. I really was looking forward to the guava flavor. First guava flavored tea.

I purchased this tea during a trip to Hawaii – I love all things guava! This tea is quite good, but it really needs a sweetener to bring out the flavor – I find a little bit of honey does the trick nicely.

The green tea is mellow, and the flavors of the guava and ginseng aren’t overpowering. I steep it for 5 minutes (the directions advise 3-5 minutes) – usually I wouldn’t steep green tea for so long, but this one seems to need it or it doesn’t come out well.

The problem with ginseng is that it is an overpowering flavor no matter what else you use it with. I do enjoy this tea but I wish that the guava would be more flavorful. Also if you haven’t yet, try this tea with honey. It brings out some of the guava flavor. Truly though the best part of the tea is the smell. Hawai’i in my nose.