Chocolate Mint Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Herbal Infusions Tea Co.

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This sounded like it had potential for a dessert option so I threw caffeine caution to the wind (I plan on staying up to watch 24 tonight anyway, so might as well). Dry leaves smell vaguely like...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

Fresh mint is combined with full flavored decadent chocolate black tea that is wonderfully reminiscent of a minty chocolate bar.

This tea is a lovely combination of mint with the earthy, irresistible aroma of exotic chocolate.

About Herbal Infusions View company

1 Tasting Note

This sounded like it had potential for a dessert option so I threw caffeine caution to the wind (I plan on staying up to watch 24 tonight anyway, so might as well). Dry leaves smell vaguely like Frango mints, and look like the black/green interspersion of mint with black tea.

The aroma of the steeped tea is odd. It’s got mint, it’s got chocolate, but they’re not mixing particularly well. There’s a sort of strange, spicy warm plastic smell to it. The liquor is a reddish orange, but the sample was pretty small so it may be a little weaker in color than it would be were it a full cup with appropriately measured leaves.

The tea tastes like a mint tea to which has been added a little bit of melted baking chocolate, which is to say the chocolate is not at all sweet. I like the taste, but I think it could be improved with a little lactose to sweeten it up. The chocolate and mint steal the show here. I was just getting the beginnings of the tea’s taste right when my cup ranneth out.

I think this shows enough promise to merit trying it again, unless I should happen to run across a chocolate mint in the interim that knocks my socks off.

snowstormburning

24 is most definitely worth staying up for. :P

__Morgana__

Lol. It doesn’t come on that late, but I usually can’t watch it right when it comes on so end up having to watch it later after it’s been recorded.