Ernest Hemingway

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I am absolutely shocked that this tea was already in the database. I found this tea at World Market last night when I was there shopping for a friend. I’m not really sure Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4825 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit worried when I opened this and couldn’t smell anything at all! The most I could get off the dry leaves was a faint grassy smell. After steeping, it smelled faintly of grass...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 269 tasting notes
  • “My lovely co-worker brought this little 2-bag pack to me this morning as a gift. I’ve seen it in World Market and passed it by, figuring the only thing it had going for it is the lure of the...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 319 tasting notes
  • “Bog-standard dust and fannings kind of tea bag. The flavour isn’t bad, but it’s a bit flat and cheap tasting. I want to say kind of similar to Red Rose? Drinkable enough, but not...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 875 tasting notes

From Highland Select

ERNEST HEMINGWAY HIGHLAND SELECT TEA

Ingredients: Ceylon Black Tea

About Highland Select View company

I am absolutely shocked that this tea was already in the database. I found this tea at World Market last night when I was there shopping for a friend. I’m not really sure WHAT I was thinking when I put it in my cart. I must have known that I wouldn’t care for it, I must have known I was setting myself up for tea dust in a tea bag, and pretty much, that’s what this is.

It’s a Ceylon tea. It’s nothing all that spectacular. It’s kind of verging on horrible. Not really rich, or flavorful. It tastes astringent and nasty. Maybe I must have thought I needed to revisit what bad tea tastes like? I really don’t know what I was thinking when I bought this. But I won’t again.

The company that sells it is actually Vision Pack Brand, and they seem to supply to gift basket companies, So, if you’re buying a tea gift basket, and you happen to see this tea in it, do your gift recipient a favor and skip the basket in lieu of better tea.

The one redeeming factor of this tea? The package is kind of cool. I might use it in my art at some point.

cnorris57

I will gladly take your supply. I love it!!

I was a bit worried when I opened this and couldn’t smell anything at all! The most I could get off the dry leaves was a faint grassy smell. After steeping, it smelled faintly of grass and…french fries, of all things. My friend distracted me, so I’m not sure how long I let it steep, though it tastes as if it was just a tiny bit too long. I think it may go well with milk, I have one bag left that I will have to try milk with.

Emilie

This tea actually got mellower and much better as it cooled

My lovely co-worker brought this little 2-bag pack to me this morning as a gift. I’ve seen it in World Market and passed it by, figuring the only thing it had going for it is the lure of the name of Ernest Hemingway. And I was correct – it’s inoffensive enough, drinkable but thoroughly unspectacular.

Drinkable enough, but not something I would ever reach for given other options.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
AllanK

Hell of a name for a tea to have to live up to.

Anlina

I wasn’t expecting much from a teabag but I was hoping for something a little bit better given the name.

I have been a tea drinker for many, many years. I received Ernest Hemingway as a gift over the Holiday. It is an excellent tasting tea. However, I have not been able to find more. Would love to know when it will be available.