Ernest Hemingway

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I am absolutely shocked that this tea was already in the database. I found this tea at World Market last night when I was there shopping for a friend. I'm not really sure WHAT I was thinking when...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4788 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit worried when I opened this and couldn't smell anything at all! The most I could get off the dry leaves was a faint grassy smell. After steeping, it smelled faintly of grass and...french...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 257 tasting notes
  • “Bog-standard dust and fannings kind of tea bag. The flavour isn't bad, but it's a bit flat and cheap tasting. I want to say kind of similar to Red Rose? Drinkable enough, but not something I would...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 655 tasting notes
  • “I have been a tea drinker for many, many years. I received Ernest Hemingway as a gift over the Holiday. It is an excellent tasting tea. However, I have not been able to find more. Would love to...” Read full tasting note
    IJARMON 1 tasting notes

From Highland Select

ERNEST HEMINGWAY HIGHLAND SELECT TEA

Ingredients: Ceylon Black Tea

About Highland Select View company

I am absolutely shocked that this tea was already in the database. I found this tea at World Market last night when I was there shopping for a friend. I’m not really sure WHAT I was thinking when I put it in my cart. I must have known that I wouldn’t care for it, I must have known I was setting myself up for tea dust in a tea bag, and pretty much, that’s what this is.

It’s a Ceylon tea. It’s nothing all that spectacular. It’s kind of verging on horrible. Not really rich, or flavorful. It tastes astringent and nasty. Maybe I must have thought I needed to revisit what bad tea tastes like? I really don’t know what I was thinking when I bought this. But I won’t again.

The company that sells it is actually Vision Pack Brand, and they seem to supply to gift basket companies, So, if you’re buying a tea gift basket, and you happen to see this tea in it, do your gift recipient a favor and skip the basket in lieu of better tea.

The one redeeming factor of this tea? The package is kind of cool. I might use it in my art at some point.

cnorris57

I will gladly take your supply. I love it!!

I was a bit worried when I opened this and couldn’t smell anything at all! The most I could get off the dry leaves was a faint grassy smell. After steeping, it smelled faintly of grass and…french fries, of all things. My friend distracted me, so I’m not sure how long I let it steep, though it tastes as if it was just a tiny bit too long. I think it may go well with milk, I have one bag left that I will have to try milk with.

Emilie

This tea actually got mellower and much better as it cooled

Bog-standard dust and fannings kind of tea bag. The flavour isn’t bad, but it’s a bit flat and cheap tasting. I want to say kind of similar to Red Rose?

Drinkable enough, but not something I would ever reach for given other options.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
AllanK

Hell of a name for a tea to have to live up to.

Anlina

I wasn’t expecting much from a teabag but I was hoping for something a little bit better given the name.

I have been a tea drinker for many, many years. I received Ernest Hemingway as a gift over the Holiday. It is an excellent tasting tea. However, I have not been able to find more. Would love to know when it will be available.