Japanese Cherry

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by JoysTeaspoon

• “This is really great tasting Sencha and the Cherry is delightful! I have had Cherry flavored Greens before and many other companies over do it on their flavoring! This is JUST RIGHT! I may just...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I received my Ocho Sampler from Joy's Teaspoon today! Yay! The smell coming off the dry-leaf reminded me a little of cherry cough syrup. I've always been pretty tuned-in to artificial flavors...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “This is a pretty decent cherry flavored green tea. I like that the cherry flavor is somewhat subdued here, it doesn't taste sickly sweet or artificial. It has a very light flavor - and the sencha...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4624 tasting notes
  • “Another wonderful sample from Naomi at Joy's Teaspoon! This beautiful green has a mild cherry touch. It was perfect for my upset stomach. Warm and smooth and relaxing. Not sweet or bitter. Looking...” Read full tasting note
    Karla 51 tasting notes

From Joy's Teaspoon

Cherries play an important role in Japanese culture. The cherry blossom festival which takes place every year is beautiful to look at. The exquisite Sencha base was refined with high-quality sour cherries and a tempting cherry flavor. This blend is doubtless a real classic among the flavored green teas and belongs in every assortment.

About Joy's Teaspoon View company

This is really great tasting Sencha and the Cherry is delightful! I have had Cherry flavored Greens before and many other companies over do it on their flavoring! This is JUST RIGHT! I may just say this is my FAVORITE Japanese Cherry to date! Nicely flavored green! YUM!

Geoffrey Norman

Ah! I have this too. Must taste! Tomorrow, maybe. Tomorrow…

Sarah Ruthven

I just checked and I do not have this one…I hope santa delivers this year!

I received my Ocho Sampler from Joy’s Teaspoon today! Yay!

The smell coming off the dry-leaf reminded me a little of cherry cough syrup. I’ve always been pretty tuned-in to artificial flavors and can usually detect them quickly, but I decided to try it though to see if it would taste any better.

The tea liquor definitely tastes like cherry and I found it kind of aggravating that I could differentiate between both the natural, floral-tasting cherry and the artificial flavoring. It kind of drove me nuts because the real flavor was pretty nice, but the fake stuff kind of left this soapy aftertaste that ruined it.

I probably under-leafed this because it was very one note. The base as far as I could tell was a nice, light, green base.
I tried sticking the infuser back in to see if it would help bring out the base a little more, but it got a little to bitter.

I also made up a cup for my mother and she enjoyed it, but then again she has never been as sensitive as me to artificial flavors and drinks things with them all the time.

This is a pretty decent cherry flavored green tea. I like that the cherry flavor is somewhat subdued here, it doesn’t taste sickly sweet or artificial. It has a very light flavor – and the sencha tastes sweet and smooth. A very pleasant tea this afternoon… channeling my “inner spring.”

Another wonderful sample from Naomi at Joy’s Teaspoon! This beautiful green has a mild cherry touch. It was perfect for my upset stomach. Warm and smooth and relaxing. Not sweet or bitter. Looking forward to my next steeping. I may try increasing the time to see if I can get more of the cherry.

I’ve had sencha paired with cherry blossoms (yum!)…and green tea paired with cherry flavor (yuck). This one is part of the latter category, but distinctly reminds me of the former. The cherry flavor is loud and vibrant, but not overwhelmingly “fake” like some fruit-flavored teas. It also possessed a very nice and creamy aftertaste. A darn good sakura knock-off.

Full Review: New Review: http://www.teaviews.com/?p=28059