Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by fancyteacup

From Mellow Monk

Harmony Tea™ is our genmaicha — green tea mixed with roasted rice. The rice imparts a nutty, toasty flavor that makes genmaicha one of the most popular types of green tea in America. Unlike some tea growers, our growers roast their own rice, which they buy from local farmers. (During roasting, some of the rice grains pop like popcorn. This popped rice is also included in the mixture to enhance the flavor.)

Mellow Monk® Harmony Tea™ has just the right amount of roasted rice to strike a perfect balance between the nutty flavor of the rice and the rich, earthy flavor of our small-farm tea, so that one flavor doesn’t mask the other.

Mellow Monk® Harmony Tea™ comes vacuum-sealed for freshness in resealable, standup foil packets. Each packet contains 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of tea, enough to make 40 to 50 cups of brewed tea.

To brew, use 1 heaping teaspoon of tea leaves for an 8-ounce cup or mug. The water temperature should be about 75 degrees Celcius (167 degrees Fahrenheit). (For more on water temperature, see here.) For the first steeping, let the tea brew for about 3 minutes. For the second and third steepings, let the tea brew for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

About Mellow Monk View company

I like this tea. It has a nice smooth flavor and a roasted rice flavor. The liquid has a nice green color. It has one tiny flaw. This tea seems picky with the steeping time. It gets really bitter when it is steeped above the steeping time.

debrica

I like this tea too.

Please keep things friendly and .

This is the first of the teas I’ve ordered from Mellow Monk, and I’m extremely pleased! :) The tea base itself is great and smooth, and the nuttiness of the toasted rice make this a nice tea suitable for any time of day! Can’t wait to try more teas by them.

195 °F / 90 °C

Please keep things friendly and .

This Genmaicha has far too much rice and far too little tea to be described as a ‘perfect balance’. I was quite disappointed by it and won’t be ordering it again, although I do wonder whether the pouch I received was representative of the Harmony blend.

Please keep things friendly and .

The best of the three I’ve tried!

Please keep things friendly and .

This is a very nice tasting genmaicha. The roasted brown rice flavor is perfectly balanced. It even looks different than others I’ve seen. The rice is a deeper, caramel-y color and doesn’t look “dead.” Don’t be mislead by the review from the lovely white dog. Genmaicha is a very traditional way to drink green tea in Japan.

Please keep things friendly and .

I didn’t have any high expectations with Harmony, to be honest. I just can’t get used to the ‘nutty’ flavor, although I think that has to do more with my mature taste then anything else. It’s not bad, it’s just that it doesn’t taste like green tea (which can be a good thing for those who are not too fond of tea in general).

For best results, I suggest preparing it strong at ~1.5tsp per 8oz.