Jasmine Downy Pearls

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Smooth green tea from China, Jasmine Downy Pearl green tea is made from the finest silver tips of tender young buds, gently steamed after plucking, and hand-rolled into elegant pearls. During jasmine season, freshly picked blossoms are blended with the downy leaf green tea buds to produce an intoxicating aroma.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I definitely have to thank Will Work For Tea for sending a sample of this one. I was looking on Mightly Leaf’s site for steeping instructions and I saw the price! Ouch! So THANK YOU for letting me try this tea! Also… no steep instructions. I included ten of the pearls in my infuser. But I knew not to steep for too long or at too hot a temp.

First steep: The steep color is so pale it almost looks like plain water! But the taste is there. The green tea really lets the jasmine shine. The jasmine has that beautiful scent. The taste reminded me of bubble gum a little bit — I guess it has a sweetness to it. Very tasty.

Second steep: I was tasting this and when I looked down I realized I had already finished most of the full mug. The flavor is more full this time, less like that bubblegum flavor, more like a traditional jasmine. Even tastier! I peeked at the pearls and they are slowly unraveling.

Third steep: This one is more vegetal but still good. I’d say the second cup was the best. I definitely got three big mugs of tea out of ten pearls, especially if you time & temp it right! The others I have left will be savored!

Will Work For Tea

Sorry, I don’t usually include steeping instructions. ML does have steeping instructions under the “Brew” tab, and “Fire” header ( http://www.mightyleaf.com/product/jasmine-downy-pearls-green-tea ) of their webpage.

Tea Sipper

I didn’t expect you to include steeping instructions. :D I meant I was looking for them on the site, but now I have them because you mentioned it. thanks!

Had a few sips of this as is, but wanted a bit of zing in my cup. Overbrewed it a bit and added some fresh lemonade that was leaning more toward the tart side – delicious!

I call it Jasarrific! Its jasmine cup of tea and to have a sample of this decent tea really gets me to envision myself in a jasmine bloom! The green tea was spot on with classic pairing of nutty notes accented with floweriness and hint of sweetness. It can however be a bit to bitter or really tangy if he greens are brewed too long, but overall its a nice tea best enjoyed hot or cold!

This is a really lovely, smooth, jasmine green tea. As far as the jasmine bit goes, it’s more subtle than Adagio’s Rooibos Jasmine1 but not as subtle as Adagio’s Jasmine #122. The pearls are quite potent and stand up well to multiple steeps.

1 http://steepster.com/bleepnik/posts/53571

2 http://steepster.com/bleepnik/posts/53959

Really enjoyed this one, even when I oversteeped it a bit. Nice flavor and not too bitter.