Organic Pure Black Iced Tea

Sachet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by pyarkaaloo

2 Images

• “I really wasn't going to log this, but I'm still thinking about it a day later, so I might as well. Yesterday we hosted our first Thanksgiving at our house. I wanted to be sure to have sweet...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “just finished my 4th and last pillow-sized sachet of this lovely Nilgiri tea. sad to see it go! it is a delicious and refreshing iced tea. i add the juice of 2 & 1/2 lemons (then throw the lemons...” Read full tasting note
    pyarkaaloo 138 tasting notes
  • “This is one of three Mighty Leaf teas that they offer at this little bakery and café that we have near our house. It is also an Organic tea that they sell at Whole Foods so I love that this...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 226 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Pure Black iced tea is made from smooth Indian black tea leaves. It delivers a perfectly balanced iced tea – a refreshing brew complemented by delicate cherry-like notes.

Try pairing with lively garnishes of mint or lemon. Our tin and refill each contain 10 pre-portioned 1-ounce filter bags. Easy and fast to make, each 1-ounce filter bag brews 1 gallon of iced tea. * Color of tin may

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I really wasn’t going to log this, but I’m still thinking about it a day later, so I might as well.

Yesterday we hosted our first Thanksgiving at our house. I wanted to be sure to have sweet tea for my Southern family, but I also am trying to avoid caffeine since I’m pregnant. I had several of these pouches from before the pregnancy, sitting on a shelf near the stove, and decided I’d make them decaf.

To do so I boiled two pots of water, dropped the tea bag in one for 60 seconds, mashed water out of the bag, and transferred it to the new pot for a regular steeping time (about 3.5 minutes for me).

And it was great! I had two cups of sweet tea, everyone had their traditional Thanksgiving beverage, and I am imagining drinking lots and lots of sweet tea again. Now I just need to feel comfortable trying this with a really good quality loose leaf hot tea.

Until then, I’m going to keep using up my decaf/herbal/rooibos stash. :)

Auggy

Sadly, a 60 second rinse won’t get rid of much caffeine in tea, that’s just a myth. Carolyn posted this great link (http://chadao.blogspot.com/2008/02/caffeine-and-tea-myth-and-reality.html) in the discussion area. You might want to check it out – very interesting stuff!

laurenpressley

Maybe not lots and lots of sweet tea, then. :)

takgoti

Indeed, that link is filled with a lot of awesome. Carolyn: Dispelling Your Caffeine Urban Myths Since 2009.

Congratulations on your forthcoming little one, by the way!

laurenpressley

No kidding, very useful (and makes a lot more sense than steeping for 30-60 seconds did)…

Thanks for the congrats! We’re really excited!

just finished my 4th and last pillow-sized sachet of this lovely Nilgiri tea. sad to see it go! it is a delicious and refreshing iced tea. i add the juice of 2 & 1/2 lemons (then throw the lemons in) & a generous amount of honey though nothing that makes this too sweet. i fill the pitcher half-way with ice then add some cold spring water as well & keep this in the fridge until i’ve lost control of my willpower.

i’ve tried a lot of black teas & i must say i’m impressed with Mighty Leaf’s Nilgiri. they also claim it’s organic. might that explain why this has such a clean, smooth & bright aroma as well as taste? the leaves almost have a ‘lemony fresh’ quality & when infused in water the tea smells like it would taste delicious hot or plain. but i’ve enjoyed it so much iced.

makes sense that i no longer see this in supermarkets (was it a trial run?) & if there are any Mighty Leaf iced teas left on shelves, it’s only the Calypso Mango or Ginger Peach-flavored blacks (which are slightly artificial and clearly not as desirable as the organic Nilgiri).

off to the online stores i go!
(in the interim i will use Harney & Sons blackcurrant from filter bags to make iced tea….the last time was quite a success!)

This is one of three Mighty Leaf teas that they offer at this little bakery and café that we have near our house. It is also an Organic tea that they sell at Whole Foods so I love that this little café serves this.
This tea was super refreshing and delicious as an iced tea today for lunch!! It has a great, not too harsh, strong, or any bitter flavor. It is very smooth and just right as iced tea.