Organic Pure Black Iced Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Pure Black iced tea is made from smooth Indian black tea leaves. It delivers a perfectly balanced iced tea – a refreshing brew complemented by delicate cherry-like notes.

Try pairing with lively garnishes of mint or lemon. Our tin and refill each contain 10 pre-portioned 1-ounce filter bags. Easy and fast to make, each 1-ounce filter bag brews 1 gallon of iced tea. * Color of tin may

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I really wasn’t going to log this, but I’m still thinking about it a day later, so I might as well.

Yesterday we hosted our first Thanksgiving at our house. I wanted to be sure to have sweet tea for my Southern family, but I also am trying to avoid caffeine since I’m pregnant. I had several of these pouches from before the pregnancy, sitting on a shelf near the stove, and decided I’d make them decaf.

To do so I boiled two pots of water, dropped the tea bag in one for 60 seconds, mashed water out of the bag, and transferred it to the new pot for a regular steeping time (about 3.5 minutes for me).

And it was great! I had two cups of sweet tea, everyone had their traditional Thanksgiving beverage, and I am imagining drinking lots and lots of sweet tea again. Now I just need to feel comfortable trying this with a really good quality loose leaf hot tea.

Until then, I’m going to keep using up my decaf/herbal/rooibos stash. :)

Auggy

Sadly, a 60 second rinse won’t get rid of much caffeine in tea, that’s just a myth. Carolyn posted this great link (http://chadao.blogspot.com/2008/02/caffeine-and-tea-myth-and-reality.html) in the discussion area. You might want to check it out – very interesting stuff!

laurenpressley

Maybe not lots and lots of sweet tea, then. :)

takgoti

Indeed, that link is filled with a lot of awesome. Carolyn: Dispelling Your Caffeine Urban Myths Since 2009.

Congratulations on your forthcoming little one, by the way!

laurenpressley

No kidding, very useful (and makes a lot more sense than steeping for 30-60 seconds did)…

Thanks for the congrats! We’re really excited!