Canadian Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Twilight

• “How can I resist a tea called Canadian breakfast? First cup without milk was pleasant. I’ll try it with milk and see how it goes. I can definitely see this tea going with scones.” Read full tasting note
    wosret 108 tasting notes
  • “Dry the leaves of this bop ceylon smell of raisins, a little sour and dusty. It brews to a dark mahogany. The tea smells of malt and something sweetly vegetal like cooked peas overlain by lemon...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 428 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised to find this at Save-On last night, as I did not expect to find any loose-leaf tea there. A whole line of Nourish Tea was in the tea isle just waiting for me to buy. I...” Read full tasting note
    thepha 254 tasting notes
  • “Apparently I’m way behind the times! I just recently found this tea company and when I was in Metro (the old A&P) last night getting dinner, I found this tin on the clearance rack. I...” Read full tasting note
    TheKesser 438 tasting notes

From Nourish Tea

For many people, it’s important to stick with the basics, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. nourishtea’s canadian breakfast is our very own spin on the traditional Orange Pekoe, and a first grade tea from the steep mountains of Sri Lanka. It’s a warm, full-bodied brew, with a smooth malty richness to invigorate you in the morning, and quite simply one of the best breakfast teas available. Wake up friends, to something easy to drink and very familiar to the pallet. Start your day with a cup of our canadian breakfast (it quite simply goes wonderfully with anything on your plate: from a stack of fluffy pancakes to a flaky croissant with preserves).

About Nourish Tea View company

Dry the leaves of this bop ceylon smell of raisins, a little sour and dusty. It brews to a dark mahogany. The tea smells of malt and something sweetly vegetal like cooked peas overlain by lemon and plum/cherry tones. It is sweet on the tongue at first sip but the flavour dissipates quickly leaving a sensee of cool dryness in the front of the mouth. The flavour doesn’t seem to hold a lot of base notes but the top notes are a fruity floral with a hint of vegetal. The floral is sweet with a faint hint of spice like clover mixed with carnation. The fruit is sweet hinting more of plum or a sweet blackberry rather than tart like the lemony smell might suggest. The floral/fruit mix it actually at times reminds me of sweet grass, quite nice. Oddly enough a bitter malty tone appears only after drinking
about half of the cup. The tea flavour is nice enough but it lacks depth and body. It is kind of thin for a breakfast tea. I think it would taste rather thin with milk, however if you drink tea black it is pleasant enough.

I didn’t really expect a lot from this tea, as it would be a typical breakfast tea. The first sip about ten minutes after steeping wasn’t great, somewhat too bitter, and with most typical breakfast teas I find the taste of orange pekoe quite bland.

I let it cool for another ten minutes and gave it another sip. Not bad second time around, less bitter.

It still wasn’t anything special, and typical orange pekoe doesn’t sit well with me very long, but with more sugar and some milk, this tea just might be a little more.

Apparently I’m way behind the times! I just recently found this tea company and when I was in Metro (the old A&P) last night getting dinner, I found this tin on the clearance rack. I think there was only the one of Canadian Breakfast and there were a few others but they were either camomile, mint, or hibiscus. I didn’t want any of those, but this one came home with me.

I am really enjoying this one. It’s a strong tea, but that could be ‘cause I oversteeped it. It’s a very dark redish/orange. I should have only steeped for 2.5mins. The instructions say 4-5mins, I did 3.

I added some milk to the last half of my tea and it seemed to take the edge of bitterness off of it.

I think I’m going to enjoy this tea. I feel as though it’s very similar to the Metropolitan tea company’s one but not quite the same.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Your basic breakfast tea. Nothing to really write home about, but still pretty good.

Just bought this tea. Its a good tea, but it isnt really anything speacial. Just a regular orange pekoe tea.

Resteeped this at the end of the day, and added pieces of fresh strawberry and mango (!) – Yum!!