Phoenix Jasmine Pearls

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by T.C.

• “A big thanks to Dustin for sending some of these my way because they are DELICIOUS. If only Ovation had a really great sale BEFORE they went out of business, I would have known how nice their teas...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1086 tasting notes
  • “I love phoenix jasmine pearls. I have since the first time I ever tried them. Well Ovation was doing a liquidation sale and they had these babies up so I went a bit crazy and bought a full pound...” Read full tasting note
    Yogru 63 tasting notes
  • “Jasmine pearls are fast becoming one of my favorite teas of all time. These are what angels would drink, people! Delicate sweet little pearls of yum! Thanks TC!” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 689 tasting notes
  • “Got a cup's worth of these in a trade from *T.C.*, thanks! So far, this is one of the only green teas I've liked so far in my entire life. I keep trying them and they keep being not good for...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 501 tasting notes

From Ovation Teas

Loose leaf jasmine green tea. Long graceful greenish leaf and slender silver buds are hand rolled into pearls which produce a delicate, aromatic, yellow liquor and a nose that reveals the sweet complexity of jasmine blossom and spearmint.

About Ovation Teas View company

A big thanks to Dustin for sending some of these my way because they are DELICIOUS. If only Ovation had a really great sale BEFORE they went out of business, I would have known how nice their teas were. The taste here is so smooth, so delicate and super sweet. It kind of reminds me of a milk oolong. With most jasmine teas, I can’t find the flavor, but the jasmine here is definitely noticeable and lingering! I’m not sure if it was because I hadn’t had tea all day, but I was guzzling this down. The second cup is slightly less sweet than it was before, but it has more jasmine.

I love phoenix jasmine pearls. I have since the first time I ever tried them. Well Ovation was doing a liquidation sale and they had these babies up so I went a bit crazy and bought a full pound of them.

They are literally the best I’ve had! SOOOOO glad I got them now!!! Soooo bummed I won’t be able to get more once these run out.

They are more fragrant then I’m used to when I open the bag (could be because they are packed 8oz together). The smell is awesome
Watching them steep is fun as the tiny balls unfurl. No filler in this tea, just 100% hand rolled pearl goodness.

Taste is EXACTLY what I wanted. I can taste the green tea foremost but the jasmine is present and noted. Nothing bitter or astringent. Smooth, happy, and uplifting. I knew from the first sip this was going to peg 100 for me. Swear I could drink just these for the next month.

Stephanie

Wow, that sounds amazing!

T.C.

They are yummy!!!

Dustin

I’m glad to hear they are so good. I have some on the way too and now I’m really excited to try them.

Stephanie

I resteeped the same leaves 4 times this afternoon, too!

Got a cup’s worth of these in a trade from T.C., thanks!

So far, this is one of the only green teas I’ve liked so far in my entire life. I keep trying them and they keep being not good for me, but this one is pretty nice. Not something I’d normally seek out, there is still that essential green tea flavour that is not my favourite, but as a specimen of the green tea genre, this is the best I’ve ever had.

T.C.

Glad you didn’t spit it out :)

Starfevre

Two steeps so far. The pearls haven’t entirely unfurled yet so I’m going to try for a couple more tomorrow. I have to leave to go home now.

Probably should have used more pearls for my first brewing, but was worried of using too many. Oh well. Nice flavor and perfume. Will definitely be trying this again with more pearls. Lovely tea.

The pearls seem like such a novel way to form tea. It smells nice and jasmine like when dry and the smell once brewed is the same, but the taste is a little lighter than I expected. It is a nice clean jasmine taste with the leaves tasting a little buttery at the end and no bite like some jasmine, but it lacks the strength that I prefer in my jasmine teas. Still, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at it. I might try a heavier leafing next time and see how that goes. I’m a little unsure of how many pearls to use for a cup.