Premium Pu-Erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “10/7/12 – Bought today at local Asian Supermarket – The one that sell frog legs, for 3.99. I know there are some Pu-erh lovers out there, and I'm gonna start with the bagged one before I start...” Read full tasting note
    hannabling 81 tasting notes
  • “Finding puerh at my local grocery store was such an excitement I could not resist buying a box of puerh teabags even though I had my doubts as to their quality but figured that worse comes to worse...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 223 tasting notes
  • “Pu-Erh tea has been getting a lot of press lately for being a great metabolism booster... Amazing energy properties and wonderful antioxidants. I saw a box of 100 at a local Asian market for VERY...” Read full tasting note
    OneEyedJacks 5 tasting notes

From Prince of Peace

Pu-Erh is the world’s most popular tea and accounts for over 90% of the tea consumption in the western world. Our Prince of Peace Pu-Erh is freshly harvested fro a tea plantation that uses one of the finest teas from China. Our Pu-Erh tea undergoes a full oxidation (fermentation) process which causes the leaves to turn black and gives them their characteristic flavor and aroma. Pu-Erh Tea is an excellent source of polyphenols with powerful antioxidant properties.

About Prince of Peace View company

10/7/12 – Bought today at local Asian Supermarket – The one that sell frog legs, for 3.99. I know there are some Pu-erh lovers out there, and I’m gonna start with the bagged one before I start importing kilos like Scarface. I looked it up on Amazon and I think I did good. This local Asian supermarket by me has a whole isle devoted to tea so why not try them all out?

12/6/12 – This has been my daily Pu-erh drinker for now and I’m trying to get through the 100 tea bags. Sometimes I use two tea bags. As always, the taste reminds me of “dirt”.

Do you know those pregnant women who eat “pica” (nonfood items) like soap, detergent, and crayons? Well, as a man in midlife, we go through manopause, and crave Pu-Erh because is tastes like dirt/pica (weird non food item)

Sometimes tea tastes like dirt. It’s ok.
I heard there’s a Crayon/Clay flavored tea coming out for pregnant women!

12/24/13 – Sitting on my shelf at home, I’ll have to drink this up before I hit Kam Man Food Inc at 511 Old Post Rd Edison, NJ 08817 for more Pu-Erh tea.

Bonnie

U R so funny!!!

Finding puerh at my local grocery store was such an excitement I could not resist buying a box of puerh teabags even though I had my doubts as to their quality but figured that worse comes to worse they could be used for travel where not the best puerh is a lot better than no puerh. When I brewed my first cup from the $5.75 box of 100 teabags I was impressed with the quality. While it is not at the level of a puerh that can stand up to the rich smooth mellowness of an upper end Menghai or Mengku puerh cake, it is a lot better than a number of the cheap puerh bricks and cakes that I’ve had over the years. As with most puerh teabags I brew them long and will double them up to ensure a single good brew, the result was a slightly earthy (but not to the musty point) cup of puerh with a slightly sweet and smooth taste. I can not complain at the lack of complexity and while this is not one that I would brew in my yixing pot when I am at home it is a puerh that is good enough that I would not feel deprived if it was my only tea on a vacation.

Pu-Erh tea has been getting a lot of press lately for being a great metabolism booster… Amazing energy properties and wonderful antioxidants. I saw a box of 100 at a local Asian market for VERY CHEAP. It’s funny because at the nature food store down the road it’s nearly double the price. I was skeptical of the quality since you get 100 bags! Lipton doesn’t even give you that much… I brewed my first up, and I was sort of grossed out. It reminded me of Fukijima…muddy, earthy, a little bit mushroomy, but my taste buds detect seaweed…. or some green/sea type plant. Nonetheless I finished the cup. Every time I brew it — I am glad I am one tea bag down from the 100. Pu-Erh is not my cup of tea, but this Prince of Peace is not so bad especially for the price and it is drinkable. I mean… without sugar it really reminds me of basement must… which is a nice comforting quality… I suppose. The tea isn’t bitter. It has a little kick to it, but really it is mostly the smell and the FIRST taste that gets me… as you swallow the tea and let it linger in your mouth it isn’t so bad. I would recommend trying this if you can find it for 3.99. 100 tea bags is great and you can share it with your friends and see what they think.