Darjeeling Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shanti Tea

From Shanti Tea

Rare Darjeeling Green , light, natural aroma and subtle flavor.

This rare Darjeeling green tea is cultivated at about 7000ft in the Himalayas, at the renowned Makaibari Estate, the oldest (est. 1859) and most respected tea estate in the world, and also the world’s first biodynamically cultivated tea garden. This exquisite green tea has a light amber color, a mild, natural aroma and subtle flavor, with delicate floral hints.

About Shanti Tea View company

I haven’t been this excited about a plain green tea in a LONG time! I swear Shanti made this tea especially for me! LOL

It’s a medium strength green tea but it’s pretty ‘even steven’ in all aspects of grassy, buttery, sweet, juicy, mouth-watering, floral, and it’s VERY smooth. There is a pleasant aftertaste which really makes me smile!

I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS TEA!!!!!

Ah… I’ve really missed tea. I drank plenty of it while I was feeling under the weather, but, it just didn’t taste the same when my taste buds weren’t working right, so I drank tea that I was already familiar with, and I really enjoying trying new teas. This one came to me thanks to my SororiTea Sister, TeaEqualsBliss and it is so good.

This is one of (if not THE) best green Darjeeling I’ve tasted (at least, the best that I recall tasting). It has so many unique flavors to it. The flowery notes are almost like jasmine, with a toasty flavor in there that is somewhat nutty and even lightly buttery. Sweet. Rich. Delicious!

LiberTEAS

2nd infusion: just as lovely as the first! The aroma is a little nuttier with this second infusion, and I’m noticing less texture from this cup. But overall the flavor is still quite enjoyable.

Thank you, TeaEqualsBliss for including this in our trade! This is one of the few green teas I have in my cupboard. I guess I just don’t find them as interesting as other types of teas. But this green tea is GOOD. First of all, I wonder why it is called darjeeling? I thought that was associated with black tea. The flavor of this one is almost like a buttery, nutty oolong. The description calls it simple, but I’d call it complex. Definitely much less simple than a typical green tea! It actually reminds me of my favorite tea that I’ve tried: SpecialTeas Vienna Winter Green. The Vienna blend has a ton of awesome ingredients I thought was enhancing the plain green tea, like roman chamomile and pistachio. BUT it seems like this could be the base for that one. Some of the flavors that I associated with the Vienna ingredients could have just been the green tea by itself! (Meaning the base for the Vienna is much less plainer than I thought.) This is one of the best green teas I’ve tried (though that ain’t many!) Also, I was just looking at some of Shanti’s other teas on Steepster and some of them are interesting… I’m going to have to search for their site right now!

neerajagarwal

Darjeeling is a region in India that makes the world famous “Darjeeling”.There are 87 tea gardens that are alowed to call themselves producers of “Darjeeling” based on their Geographical location,according to the rules of the Geographical Index (GI). Although they are famous for their blacks, the area now also produce green, white, oolong and other various kinds of speciality teas all of which may have the prefix Darjeeling. For example, Darjeeling-green,Darjoolong etc.

Tea Sipper

thank you for your comment – I finished this tea up yesterday!

Sipdown no. 107 of the year 2014. I barely had enough left in this sample for a single cup.

I’m liking this again today, enough to put on the list in case I ever get out of lockdown and order from Shanti again. It’s different from other green teas I’ve had and fills a nice gap in the green tea flavor gamut.

Bold flavors characterize this as a unique green tea which isn’t afraid to be flavorful. Prone to grassy overtones, but with complexity apparent at warmer temperatures. Can stand up well to a second steeping. Darker flavors are reminiscent of the Darjeeling region, but behaves like a green in terms of tannin and delicate flavors. Care should be taken not to oversteep past 3 minutes, and too avoid too much heat.

This is a delicate tea and can be over brewed easily.

The liqueur is a light amber color, almost looking like it has no flavoring to it. It smells floral and fruity. The flower smells like rose but it tastes like jasmine. There is a lightly earthen tone at the back of the smell that is similar to many black darjeelings.

The taste is started off with a overtone of jasmine that slowly introduces the taste of fruit. It is sort of like a low roasted fruit taste though, like a low roasted pear or red apple. As you hit the end of the tea flavor it starts to hit a roasted nut and rice tone.

For more information and pictures see below.