2005 Mengku Gold Award Mini Pu-erh Tea Cake 145g Ripe

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 6 g 3 oz / 100 ml

3 Images

From Shuangjiang Mengku Tea Co., Ltd.

2005 Mengku Gold Award Mini Pu-erh Tea Cake 145g Ripe
The cake was won 2002 International Pu’er Tea BrandName Gold Awards. In 2005, Mengku Tea Factory produced the cakes again. The cakes are made from exquisite slender and tender tea leaves in 2002~2004. The cake surface is marked by clearly observable fine and shapely tea leaves with golden hairs. It yields a crystal clear broth with mellow and smooth flavor and pure aged aroma.

About Shuangjiang Mengku Tea Co., Ltd. View company

a super smooth aged pu-er. faint aroma of a forest undertones of berry taste.a complex assortment of flavors. only downside is i only got 4 steeps from it till i exhausted it.

Smooth, sweet, dark amber color. Small leaves. Makes me wonder if its whole leaves. I think I had around 5 steeps and it looses taste. I got it from Dragon tea house

I call this “the bottle rocket”. It’s lifespan is brief but intense. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, depending upon what you are in the mood for. I reach for this shu when I want a modest infusion of energy, a rich and full bodied cup, and a minimal time commitment.

This shu comes out of the gate fully opened up in steep one, burns intensely through steeps two, three and four, and will give a flavorful medium bodied cup in steep five.

This mini bing is composed of tiny leaves that appear to be chopped up, yielding a cake where you can just snap a piece off the edge with your hands. My normal regimen is 6 grams shu in my 100 ml gaiwan, 212 F water, 15 second rinse, 2 minute pause, break up large clumps with a toucha pick, then 15/15/30/60/120 second steeps.

This is very smooth puerh with no harsh or off flavors or aromas. It is very rich in a good way. There is a mild pepper note, some cedar, a slight yet pleasant bitterness, and an underlying sweetness. I get sweet notes in the aroma (raw cane sugar, vanilla) over wood, clean earth and leather. It leaves me feeling energized but not wired.

I’m reminded of the scene from Blade runner when Roy Batty meets his maker, Dr. Eldon Tyrell, and is told “The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long – and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.”

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML