No. 45 Peppermint Leaves

Herbal Tea
Creamy, Grass, Peppermint, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Steven Smith Teamaker

It’s no secret that the world’s best peppermint comes from the Pacific Northwest. Gently hand-screened for perfect leaf size, it infuses a full, creamy flavor with distinct chocolate notes and an intense finish. A great after dinner treat or midday breath freshener. Caffeine free.

Peppermint leaves from the Pacific Northwest.

For best flavor, bring freshly drawn filtered water to a boil. Steep five minutes. Determine when time is up by using your own biological clock.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

This came as a sample sachet with my recent order. It is indeed most excellent. Very strong peppermint even though I don’t notice any “distinct chocolate.” It makes the air cold when I breathe in after a sip.

I could see myself ordering the loose version of this, or even the bags to toss in a purse to take for after dinner when eating out.

If you’re into peppermint, this is a really good cup of tea. The peppermint is some of the better I’ve tasted, and was something I could imagine drinking late into the evening.

Peppermint Leaves needs no introduction. It is exactly what they say it is: peppermint leaves. In a bag. For tea.

It just so happens that these leaves are magical things, housing a Wonderland of scent and taste where peppermint is the ruling Queen. Her King Consort? Mr. Freeze. The minty-ness makes no secret of itself, and before it’s even steeped, your senses are awash in its powerful cry. Ditch your Tic Tacs and your Listerine.

You aren’t sipping peppermint leaves. These are truly Peppermint Leaves… Full review:

I ended up with a sachet of this as a free sample with my most recent order. Normally, I tend to avoid herbal teas. It is not that I truly dislike them so much as I just do not go out of my way to buy them all that often. Still, since last night was unseasonably cold and windy, and quite frankly, I felt like utter crap, I decided that maybe a cup of peppermint tea would not be a bad thing.

The tea shows a yellowish green in the glass. The first thing I noticed on the nose was the exceptionally pure, clean smell of peppermint. It’s an unmistakable aroma and one that is extremely pleasant and soothing. In the mouth, I immediately detected clean peppermint notes. Around mid-palate, I picked up some mild grassy notes and a little bit of cream. The finish was clean, smooth, and mild with a soothing mixture of peppermint, grass, and cream.

Honestly, I do not understand the relatively low score for this tea. It’s true that it isn’t the most complex tea in the world, but then again, what peppermint tea is? This tea does exactly what it’s supposed to do: deliver the aroma and taste of fresh peppermint. Compared to so many other readily available peppermint teas, this one is clean and smooth with no muddiness or off flavors. What more can one really ask for from a product of this type?

Flavors: Creamy, Grass, Peppermint, Smooth

If you like mint, you’ll like this tea. It’s strong without being overpowering, as creamy as the box claims, and leaves you with a fresh feeling in your mouth. I didn’t pick up on the chocolatey notes, but unlike other mint teas that are weak or synthetic tasting, this was strong and pure. I liked it.

Flavors: Creamy, Peppermint

Peppermint! I am a black tea personal all the way, but this is a wonderfully refreshing tea! If you steep it too long, it is way too strong…