Silver Needles

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Darj

From T2

Highly prized, Silver Needles is the highest grade of white tea, made exclusively from exquisitely shaped white-tipped buds picked high in the Wuyi mountains. A hint of peach colours an almost clear sublime infusion. With a sweet and subtle aroma of sugarcane and the delicate earthiness of mushrooms, the flavour builds on each sip, transforming into dainty florals and a hint of cocoa that lingers. A wonderfully tactile, creamy and smooth sensation that rewards all the senses.

About T2 View company

This tea is not cheap. But then who wants to drink cheap tea when you can drink AMAZING tea?! I’m sold.

Aroma: Delicate. Floral. Delicious. Rose petals, frangipani, melon and sugarcane play with balanced straw notes. Apricot jam and dried flowers come through on the second steeping, with straw characters starting to dominate after the third cup.

Palate: Deliciously subtle and sweet. An ethereal but enticing bouquet of sugarcane and straw notes with a balanced floral background. Sweet sugar cane and rose petals stay with you well after the last sip. Deeper straw notes shine on the second steeping, but the overall effect is still beautifully light and sweet.

Overall: Fantastic. I really loved this tea. Expensive but worth every cent.

Price: AUD$30/50g

Woops, I just edited this – the price should be $30/50g not $30/100g (I wish!).

I am LOVING your reviews! So great to see a presence from another Aussie on here.

Thanks Mem! Yes, spread the word! It would be great to get more of an Australian presence on here :)

With a soft, sweet flavour and smooth texture this is my favourite tea to enjoy on quiet evenings. More expensive than any other tea I’ve bought, but worth every cent; definitely a permanent part of my collection.