Pi Lo Chun

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheSurfinSipper

From T2

One of the most delicate and famous green teas, Pi Lo Chun is a rare and highly-prized tea that was offered in the Imperial Court. Elegant twisted leaves picked between the end of March and early April are a beautiful deep dark green. The leaves transform during brewing into a lighter green and produce a pale yellow infusion with a green tinge. A fresh, light aroma has hints of chestnuts and a fleeting floral bouquet. Light and smooth, with very little astringency, this is a simple, ethereal delight.

Origin: Fujian Province, China

About T2 View company

This one surprised me, I didn’t expected to to be at all so fruity. I’d gobbled down some dark chocolate right before I started sipping too and usually find that chocolate will overpower delicate green teas but I could taste this one right away. So far I’m really enjoying it but will save the ranking for a chocolate free session :)

TheSurfinSipper

One of my faves!

Aroma: Aromatic and delicious. Summer fruits: passionfruit, lychee and apricots. Fragrant hopps and mandarine peel. Vegetal kelp/iodin notes with a slight strawiness. Second steeping is slightly muted and not much on the third steeping.

Palate: Sugar cane, passionfruit and tropical fruits. Mandarin and citrus peel. Really flavourful but beautifully balanced. Little to no tannins. Distinct similarities to Ya Bao white tea. Still delicious on second steeping, with peach notes coming through. Third steeping is a bit bland.

Colour: Very light golden.

Overall: Delicious. This tea really blew me a way and left me wanting more – a new favorite! Light, refreshing, complex and well rounded. The only thing that lets it down is the rapidly declining quality of brew after the second steeping.

Smooth subtle buttery flavour with fruity aromas and milky/nutty undertones. My favourite green right now.

Peachy notes, galore. Perfect afternoon brew for me.