Malt
Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Magycmyste

From Tazo Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Tazo Tea View company

A breakfast tea to attempt to get me up and going this morning! We had an ice storm last night and I did not want to leave my cozy bed to go out in the yucky-ness. Unfortunately, I had to so here I am with a cup of tea in one hand and keyboard keys at the other. This is really very good. No astringency or bitterness in the base and a nice color. This could really lend itself to pretty much anything but then, I suppose that it the point of breakfast teas. This has done its job so I guess I ought to go do mine!

Not really my cup of tea. Good for when you need the extra caffeine . Tried another cup with vanilla and enjoyed it more. I’m not sure if I’d buy it again but it is okay.

Cold-brewed with a touch of Lindsay’s Bingo Bango Mango

A smooth basic black tea with very little bitterness. It’s nothing that will get you jumping for joy but the flavours and aroma are rather enjoyable. I preferred a dash of milk with each cup.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
srikanth69

Wow save a cup for me as well :P

This is my staple bagged black tea for travel or the office! It brews up strong and malty without no bitterness or astringency. I like it best with milk, but also enjoy it plain.

Flavors: Malt

Backlog.

For curiousity’s sake, I probably should have tried this without adding things first, but I didn’t. I think it probably would have been too astringent though. Anyhow, it was tasty enough!

I’m always brewing this too long: 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1.5 minutes. It’s all too long. Five minutes (as suggested) is ridiculous. My point here is, whatever I do this tastes oversteeped, full of astringency as if I’m sucking on a cold, used teabag. If brewing this for color, one would dunk it and be done. Perhaps this tea is designed to be steeped in a large mug (I use a 6 ounce teacup) with plenty of sweetener and cream. I’ll admit, it’s a different experience when handled like that, but you can make nearly any black tea work with enough milk and sugar.

I like strong teas, like Irish breakfast, but when tannins overpower I find it very difficult to pull out the complexity of flavor. And, with this tea, there is more complexity than one might expect from a bagged tea available in most grocery stores. There’s a slightly sour, almost citrus favor, some maltiness, and a pleasantly earthy base.

Gets me moving, for sure. Nice bold flavor.

I found 3 bags of this in my cupboard, so I combined them to make a 16 oz pot of tea.
It turned out to be VERY bold, & awake is a little on the bitter end of things anyway, but the addition of maple syrup & almond milk took care of that. Sipdown.

Huh. Much maltier than I was expecting for an English breakfast, but luckily I’m getting used to maltier teas and accepting them as something I don’t quite dislike. Aside from the maltiness it was pretty plain, and while it wasn’t bad I probably won’t reach for it again. As always breakfast blends are a little boring to me.