Mango Rose

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Rabs

• “I suspect that Willy Wonka is secretly one of the Tea Guys. I popped open this sample and thought _Caaaandeeeee!_ Not only is it a candy, but it's like Runts. With some Nerds and SweeTARTS...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes
  • “This is such a gorgeous tea. The green and white leaves are full and fluffy, strewn with cornflower and marigold petals. The rosebuds are large and intact, and... yellow! Rose in tea is always...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Good morning Steepsterites. I've been looking through the Bits and Bops Basket and found a few things that it's unlikely I'll ever drink, so I'm making a tough decision to just throw them out...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1192 tasting notes
  • “I'm really torn by this tea. I think it's beautiful and delicate tasting. I absolutely love the flavor. The mango, for me, comes more as an after taste on the exhale, and the rose is the initial...” Read full tasting note
    cuethelaugh 7 tasting notes

From Tea Guys

An exquisite blend of green tea, colorful blossoms and exotic berries. This healthful and beautiful bouquet is the perfect gift to impress your friends. Naturally low in caffeine.

About Tea Guys View company

I suspect that Willy Wonka is secretly one of the Tea Guys. I popped open this sample and thought Caaaandeeeee! Not only is it a candy, but it’s like Runts. With some Nerds and SweeTARTS thrown in ta boot. But mainly Runts.

Post-steep it still has that distinct Wonka sugary candy smell, but the rose is more prominent. It’s like Willy Wonka thought “Hey, I could turn roses into a candy and then turn that into a green tea!” If you hate rose, then avoid this one. If you’re craving mango, then avoid this one. I can tell it’s rose, but mango is just a vague presence.

I have a crazy sweet tooth (Nerds being a favorite) and this tea satisfies that particular sugar craving. I’m on the third steep (still good, but probably this tea’s last) and the green tea has been able to keep up if not grow in flavor during each steep. This final steep is like a really sweet green tea. Mmm…candy tea… TG

malomorgen

i ordered some mango flavored teas from the states, cant wait to try some…

Cofftea

What a lovely and interesting flavor combo!

JonTea

One of those tea’s you dont have to sweeten?
Sounds awesome~!

Cofftea

lol JonTea- I don’t sweeten any of my teas:)

JonTea

Me neither :) But it’s just like a cool sweet tea.
Would it be good iced?

Rabs

This tea is ridiculously sweet, but in a good way — but you must have a sweet tooth to enjoy :D It left a really nice aftertaste that I really liked. I’m rather sad to only have a sample, but the combo sounded so odd that I was nervous to go with anything larger. I’m dying to try it iced: NOM!

Cofftea

Rabs- buy a mango green tea and add rose petals to it?

JonTea

Where you get the sample :P ?

Ooh — that’s a really good idea! I just might have to try it :D

JonTea

Cofftea – Would that work? It sounds like it would surprisingly enough..

Rabs

You can find sample sizes on the Tea Guys website: http://www.teaguys.com/ They’re slightly more expensive samples, but they send a nice quantity. Just be sure to have some sort of clip to seal the small bags since they aren’t resealable :P I also highly recommend their Maple Sugar and Wild Blueberry. Evening Escape is also nummy. And welcome to Steepster!

JonTea

Thanks for the reccomendations and warm welcoming Rabs :)
I might be ordering soon :)
I love maple flavored teas, however my favorite maple tea is the one called Oh Canada by David’s tea. I rant about it quite often. :P

Cofftea

MAPLE SUGAR! It was maple sugar day here yesterday (or was it the day before?) 3 of us drank it before noon:)

JonTea- I haven’t tried it w/ mango tea, but I have no clue why it wouldn’t.

This is such a gorgeous tea. The green and white leaves are full and fluffy, strewn with cornflower and marigold petals. The rosebuds are large and intact, and… yellow! Rose in tea is always pink/red (or at least the many rose blends I’ve tried), so I was surprised to see yellow ones here. It adds an extra pop of color to an already-colorful blend. I know the look of a tea doesn’t really affect the taste much, but starting out with something this pretty definitely sets the mood in a way.

When I had Lupicia’s Mango Oolong, it tasted very rose-y to me and I loved it. I think I like floral a lot more than most people, so of course I set out to find a mango rose tea. There are quite a few out there, but I don’t like placing orders for only one tea so I decided to wait around for the right blend. Thankfully Tea Guys had many kinds that seemed to call to me, so into the cart this went—and it showed up 3 days later, pretty fast shipping.

I cold brewed this since I love cold rose teas, and hot mango has never really worked for me. It doesn’t really smell like rose or mango either in leaf form or after a 12-hour steep, and the color is so pale, like dew on the ends of grass. But it definitely tastes rosy and fruity! The white/green blend is what I taste at the beginning of the sip, a little grassy and fruity. Not mango fruity, but that kind of generic soft fruit taste you get from some whites. Then the mango comes in, juicy but not that strong, followed by soft rose. It’s really quite floral, not exactly a surprise with so many rosebuds in there, but the rose is at the end and it doesn’t overpower the other flavors. The mango is subtler than I thought it would be, but I had the same feeling when I tried the 52teas Mango Ice Cream so maybe my mango-related tastebuds are off? It’s delicious, just not as boldly mango as I expected.

Those were great vitamins haha

Grrrr posted to the wrong place. Stupid phone

Alphakitty

There really should be an edit button for comments, it’s so easy to post the wrong thing!

Azzrian

Agreed!
On both comments lol

Good morning Steepsterites.

I’ve been looking through the Bits and Bops Basket and found a few things that it’s unlikely I’ll ever drink, so I’m making a tough decision to just throw them out instead of having them lying around for years and years and years. I have a box full of ancient cheap tea bags which will probably eventually suffer the same fate, but I’ll get to those later. I only did the Basket now because I was searching for inspiration for the first pot of the day.

I eventually decided on this one, which I think came from Wombatgirl. I opened it up and sniffed the leaves, and decided that this was actually a very weather appropriate choice. Possibly would have been more so yesterday, but it’s close enough for jazz.

It smells sweetly floral and fruity. It could easily have been a soap-y smell, but it’s not that floral. Something pointing in that direction though. More importantly, it smells girly and extremely summerly. Extremely so. And this is where we get back to the weather, because yesterday was so far the warmest day of the year where I live, with upwards of 20°C outside. (I got my windows washed, yay, with minimal stripage, yay!) I can pick out the fruit and I can recognise it as mango, although it does get a little camuflaged by the floral aspects. If I hadn’t known it was mango, I’m not sure I would have been able to guess much more than ‘something tropical and fruity’.

After steeping the aroma has completely changed character. We now have something sugary sweet which can best be described as a bubblegum flavour. There are no specific floral notes in the aroma to speak of, and the mango notes have been warped somewhat. Again, however, knowing that they’re there helps being able to identify them underneath the funny bubblegum smell. Turning it into a smell of pure mango can be done, but it requires the cup to stand around and develop for a bit and then deep concentration. It turns more mango-y after having rested for a moment and less bubblegum-y.

The flavour is surprisingly floral, considering the fact that it’s almost not there at all in the steeped aroma. Again, we haven’t quite moved into soap territory, but there is certainly a heavily perfumed aspect to it and it leaves a funny, slightly bitter aftertaste. Like if accidentally got just a tiny amount of shampoo in your mouth while washing your hair, and then you can taste that still for a long time. It’s not quite that unpleasant, but it’s what it reminds me off.

The fruit that is so heavily present in the aroma is a different matter. It seems to have had business elsewhere because it’s not really here right now. There are the shadows of it flitting about in the mouth at first, but the more I sip it, the more it seems to come out. And the more it comes out, the more it reins in the roses. I’ve only had a few sips at this moment, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the mango would become a good deal stronger as the cup develops.

But then again, I do tend to like those subtly flavoured ones. Except I can’t really bring myself to call all these roses ‘subtle.’ They’re anything but. I should have liked to have been able to identify the actual tea underneath the flavouring but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for me. (Oh hello! Big pigeon sitting close to my window!)

I’m feeling a little ambivalent about this one. I like the fruit aspects, especially if it develops a little more than it is right now, but it really is very floral. I would have liked it better if it had just been green tea with mango, I think. To me the rose addition seems a bit overkill.

I’m really torn by this tea. I think it’s beautiful and delicate tasting. I absolutely love the flavor. The mango, for me, comes more as an after taste on the exhale, and the rose is the initial flavor I pick up. I really, really love floral teas, and this one is right up my ally. Just a little funky smelling out of the bag. I’m noticing that with a lot of Two Tea Guys Teas, not sure I’ll be ordering from them again, but this tea is worth trying for sure!