Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Cornflower Petals, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Organic Black Tea
Vanilla
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “A fairly nice tasting earl grey with a touch of vanilla flavour that leaves a lingering aftertaste. The aroma of the tea is very strong and yields a deep red colour after steeping. Steeped 3 times.” Read full tasting note
    Estocire 475 tasting notes
  • “This vanilla-scented, cornflower-decorated Earl Grey from Tealux, Earl Grey Cream "Moonlight", tastes very good. The black tea base is better than I've come to expect from Earl Grey blends, which...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1159 tasting notes

From Tealux

Organic high grown estate black tea hand blended with fragrant oil of Bergamot and a touch of French vanilla. A remarkable blend with fresh citrus notes followed by a rich and robust finish.

Ingredients: Organic and Bio-dynamic Black Loose Leaf Tea, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Oil of Bergamot, Natural Flavors

About Tealux View company

Ubacat

I like my black tea to be more mild instead of robuste so my steeping time was very low on this tea. In doing so it was perfect for me. A nice mild black tea base (no bitterness) with a bergamot flavour and just a bit of vanilla.

This vanilla-scented, cornflower-decorated Earl Grey from Tealux, Earl Grey Cream “Moonlight”, tastes very good. The black tea base is better than I’ve come to expect from Earl Grey blends, which often attempt to compensate for lower grade tea with a hefty dose of bergamot. I know that the black tea base is better than usual, because the liquor is a dark reddish brown, and most importantly of all: it tastes excellent without any cream!

I imbibed two glasses of this fine Earl Grey this afternoon—why two? Because the first one was so good, that I felt compelled to brew up another! I did end up drinking most of it with light cream, and I noticed that the first batch was a bit better—I had steeped it a couple of minutes longer. Good to know that this tea tastes even better when officially oversteeped!

One of these days I’m going to have to do a steep-off between this delicious blend and my all-time-favorite vanilla-scented Earl Grey, Tazo Earl Grey Blanc. I might wait a while, however, because I already polished of a 2 ounce envelope of the Tazo, and I feel that I should wait before diving into the second one, which is still hermetically sealed. At least I should give some more attention to the other open Earl Greys in my cupboard first!

I do recommend this blend to anyone who likes both Earl Grey and vanilla and is looking for a quality black tea base so that the tea experience is not only about the flavors.

Flavors: Vanilla