Brattle Street Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by LENA

From Tealuxe

A hearty blend of Ceylon and Assam teas, developed for us by a famous London company. Rich and flavorful, even with extra milk.

About Tealuxe View company

I ended up coming home early today; I’m feeling under the weather. When feeling bad, I like to have a reliably good cuppa, so I turned to Brattle Street. The thing worth noting this time, though, is that I sweetened it with a stick of agave nectar from Stash. ( It’s less sweet than the typical agave I use, but very good. I’m putting a few of these in my bag, along with the teabags I carry, for if I need tea while I’m on the go!

I’d like to hear more about the agave nectar! I’ve never used it before. Is it like honey in taste? Thanks!

I adore it! It’s a lot like honey, in that it is a thick liquid with a similar color. It comes from the agave plant, though. (I started using it because it’s vegan.) I think it has less of a taste than honey does, so from the ones I’ve tried it’s more like the sweetness you get from sugar—just more sweetness for the same quantity of sweetener. It also has a lower glycemic index, so there’s much less of a sugar high if you’re worried about that type of thing. There’s a bunch of info in wikipedia about it, but also a comparative list at WholeFoods: I hope this helps!

I LOVE Agave Nectar!!!!!

Yes, that helps a lot! I am always looking for sweeteners with a lower glycemic index for my husband. He sometimes uses splenda but I’m so not a fan. No matter what they say, I don’t trust it. We experimented with stevia but didn’t like it. I’m going to try some agave nectar next time I get to the store!! I bet it will be great in Rooibos! Thanks again!!!

Get well soon!

I loooove agave nectar; it tastes like burnt sugar to me, which is to say it tastes amazing.

Thanks, @Grinnyguy!

Glad to know I’m not alone, @TeaEqualsBliss & @Bethany! :)

I’m just now getting around to this sample I pulled out of the TTB. It’s a nice tea but it’s not standing out as anything super special. There is a teensy bake-y taste but it’s otherwise very ordinary. Brattle Street does have a nice clean taste to it with minor astringency. I ended up adding milk and sugar and it made a pretty good breakfast tea.

An adequate English Breakfast, but to me, not very potent. It tasted nice, but really didn’t wow me.