Caramel Creme Brulee

Edit tea info Last updated by lychee

From Tealuxe

Ceylon Black Tea flavored with French Creme and a smooth caramel accent.

About Tealuxe View company

I ordered this at the Harvard Square location of Tealuxe. I let the leaves steep 3-4 minutes. I had no control over temp but the water was darn hot! This was a GREAT cup of tea.

The smell was INCREDIBLE! As it was steeping I kept giving my cup a sniff. It was like French toast and creme brulee all in one. The taste was also great. Some caramel flavored teas end up being very chemical-y tasting. Not so with this one. The front of the sip was fully the creme brulee, then the caramel hit the tongue. At the end it was almost a maple taste. I really enjoyed this tea! Drinking it while walking around Harvard Square on a nose-red, but not too cold day made it all the better!

I visited Tealuxe today and got this tea first as a tea-infused hot chocolate. The rich caramel flavor of the tea was very prominent despite the addition of cocoa and milk. I had extremely high hopes for this tea by itself and couldn’t help getting a little baggie of loose-leaf to take home. (And, yes, the tea complements the hot chocolate very well!)

The tea steeps to a beautiful dark amber, reminiscent of its namesake. The taste is subtly sweet and I didn’t feel the need to add any sugar. The aroma is spot on. It smells just like a creme brulee or flan, with the french vanilla being the prominent scent.

I did oversteep it a little, and towards the end the taste becomes more bitter. Will have to try again, but for me, this is another winner from Tealuxe.

A delicious flavored Ceylon from Tealuxe. Another hit for me. 4 minutes just under boiling and it wafts caramel and richness. Creme de la Earl Grey from them has the same rich cream smell, which I’m in love with. The caramel blends well with the Ceylon base. It’s delicious as it cools as well. Any bitterness that may seep during cooling isn’t unpleasant with the rich cream notes. I would order this again.

I liked this tea a lot the first time. I reserved “love” for something I would come back to again and again . With my small sample, I couldn’t, but I can say all three times, this was smooth and delicious.

DELICIOUS! Will Buy Again!

This is one of my favorite teas. The creme brulee smell is incredibly strong, with vanilla notes coming through. The flavor’s primarily caramel, with a bit of the black tea underneath. I’m a big caramel fan, so it makes me happy.

It’s delicious spiked with a bit of whiskey.