Precious Eyebrows

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

From TeaSource

(Also called China Moon Palace or Chun Mee) Another wonderful way to be introduced to green tea. It has a very mellow taste and a sweet plum-like aftertaste.

About TeaSource View company

I share these teas with my aunt, so I try to buy ones we’ll both like. Her reaction was this reminded her of “sewage.” Hardly how I’d describe it. Trying to tease out why she reacted that way, well it is slightly vegetal. I don’t detect the plum-like taste in the description on the packet. There’s an aftertaste that’s a bit metallic and smoky, a sour bite that makes it rather astringent. It’s … well my aunt called it “tolerable” but I think I’m probably going to give this away to my tea-drinking friend and give it another chance to be loved. Definitely not one we’ll order again.

Tea #8 from Considering a new TTB
This ended up being much more astringent than I had hoped for, perhaps it would be less so with a lower temperature. I opted for 175 because it is preset on my hot water pot, but the recommended temperature on the package was 160 – 180.