Very Berry White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Karsh

• “Third of the "top six" of the new teas. I will finish the top six, I think, and then get to the rest. If I have to knock this one down a few points for _anything_, it's unoriginality. Berries....” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “Yawn. Berries and hibiscus. I feel like Teavana's done this a million times over. The white tea is visible (tea, actually visible in a Teavana blend!) however its flavour is completely...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “Sounds a lot better than it is. I've had issues with this tea from the start. It smells and looks very nice but that's where it ends. It's too tart and the berries sweetness isn't carried through...” Read full tasting note
    bisingular 7 tasting notes
  • “I really, really like this tea! Rich berry flavors on a delicate white tea. It may not be terribly original or novel, but it certainly is good. From the first cup to the last in all of the...” Read full tasting note
    SJBP 39 tasting notes

From Teavana

This luscious multi-berry blend of ‘superfruits’ grapes, elderberries, black currants, and blueberries is elegantly infused with high-grade mao feng white tea. The ripe, juicy berries are enhanced with tart hibiscus, making a bold berry treat, enjoyed hot or iced.

About Teavana View company

Third of the “top six” of the new teas. I will finish the top six, I think, and then get to the rest.

If I have to knock this one down a few points for anything, it’s unoriginality. Berries. White tea. Yawn. Seeeen it!

Still, this is a much better version of a berry white than Imperial Acai Blueberry. Kind of a shame, because blueberries aren’t the strongest note here, and that means I’m still looking for a damn blueberry white that I really like. (Lord, I think I may never find one…) But good, because Imperial Acai Blueberry is just so fussy and prone to bitterness, and this one doesn’t seem to have that flaw. It’s not bitter after a two minute steep, at least.

I do wish that whoever it is at Teavana that sleeps with hibiscus flowers under their pillow would find a new foodstuff to be obsessed with, because at its hottest, hibby is the first thing I tasted in this tea. (Is that normal? For hibiscus to be the most prominent ingredient at a higher temperature?) As it cooled though, more berries came out.

I’m finding myself now sipping it comfortably and rather thoughtlessly, which is nice. Actually, I’m finding the sweet and sour more balanced now (with the caveat that I did add sugar to this, albeit less than I usually do). I’m afraid that I don’t know what either elderberries or black currant taste like on their own, but I can definitely taste the grapes.

Not outstanding, but solid. If I didn’t have so many teas already, I might consider adding this to my collection. It would be a good lighter morning tea (for mornings on days off, when you don’t need something strong to wake you up), or maybe with lunch.

Alphakitty

Have you tried DT’s White Tiger? It’s a really nice blueberry white, far less flavor-heavy than some of their other blends.

Daniel Scott

Yes. I absolutely HATE it, unfortunately. It actually makes me ill to drink, and I can’t taste blueberries in it at all…just the terrible base that makes me sick. :(

Daniel Scott

…I should add, I thank you for the suggestion, though. I’ve seen a lot of people who like that one (and who DO taste the blueberries). I just seem to have a weird personal reaction to the base tea.

Autumn Hearth

Hehe “I do wish that whoever it is at Teavana that sleeps with hibiscus flowers under their pillow would find a new foodstuff to be obsessed with”. Me thinks elderberry and black current also have tart notes that kinda blend with the hibiscus and then their other notes just read as “dark fruit” (or at least they did with the WonderBerry which really just could be a darker version of Raspberry Soirre).

Alphakitty

Ah, worry about that. I hope you eventually find your perfect blueberry tea!

Yawn. Berries and hibiscus. I feel like Teavana’s done this a million times over. The white tea is visible (tea, actually visible in a Teavana blend!) however its flavour is completely overpowered by the hibiscus and tart berries. I tried adding sugar to see if this was salvageable or unique once sweetened (like some of Teavana’s are), but nope, it’s a wash. If I wanted to drink tart and expensive, I wouldn’t be doing it in a tea.

Sounds a lot better than it is. I’ve had issues with this tea from the start. It smells and looks very nice but that’s where it ends. It’s too tart and the berries sweetness isn’t carried through at all. Even with honey those tart notes are too bold to be ignored. I really can’t bring myself to drink the rest of it, but then I don’t want to throw the leaf out either. I guess it’ll just sit in my cupboard for the rest of eternity.

KittyLovesTea

Welcome to Steepster. If this tea isn’t right for you then you could always try and swap it with another member. :)

I really, really like this tea! Rich berry flavors on a delicate white tea. It may not be terribly original or novel, but it certainly is good. From the first cup to the last in all of the envelopes I have purchased, it has been entirely consistent and good. Smooth with rich sweet berry flavors; the tea that I have purchased has not been sour or bitter. I will continue to buy this tea as it does not have any additives other than tea, fruit, and hibiscus flowers. Satisfying.

Quite acidic and tart. This tea tastes just like hot berry compote on pancakes! overall a nice berry flavour, but I think the hibiscus gives it too much tartness for my liking, and it overpowers that great Mao Feng!

Iced this tea reminds me of a refreshing berry water in the late summer.

24 down – 476 to go!

Tried this after visiting Teavana last night at the local mall…It’s tart so be aware of that…and its heavy on the black currant and the hibby…but i can’t really taste much of the other berries. There’s a hint of raspberry in the scent…as it cools off the tartness mellows some, tho to be honest this tastes more like a tisane then tea..the white tea was just overwhelmed . I love Black Currant and don’t mind the Hib..so thats why I gave it an 85…the smell of the tea in the tin tho is a solid 100.

This was just awful…sorry! The black currants were so overpowering that the other flavors were non-existent. Also, the delicateness of the white tea was not balanced by the strong, tartness of the berries. Total fail.