Tung Ting Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Ten Ren

The tea leaves are grown on the Tung Ting Mountains at 2400 feet where fog and cloudy mists hover every morning and late afternoon. When brewed, it produces a golden yellow hue, a flowery fragrance and a fresh taste.

About Ten Ren View company

I think this Tea is wonderfull on a gloomy rainey day like today, it just fits a peaceful mood doing nothing at all but sipping tea, lost in thought, listening to the sounds of the rain on your windows.

I bought this tea on Ebay. A terrible mistake. The tea was tasteless, with little woody fragrance which was gone after the first steep. It was a second Ten Ren tea I had an opportunity to try and I wish I had not. Their products are at best mediocre.

I can’t remember which grade of the Tung Ting I bought at TenRen at this time—I think one of the best—and today I infused it in bulk to fill my thermos for work. So this note does not reflect trying to get the absolute best from the tea, but of it’s service filling a very practical need. The leaves are dark, tightly rolled, and smell like the dark roast TGY that I used to drink all the time. It tastes a lot like that TGY too, dark earthy toasty, quite nice and mellow. Good stuff, but not terribly special.

I wish I could thank the lady in the shop who sold me this tea…

This is a regular for me – one of my favorites!

I bought this tea at a tea shop in San Francisco’s Chinatown, and I absolutely love it. It’s one of my favorite teas. I steep the teabag in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. The taste isn’t too earthy, just very light and fresh.