Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

Elevate The Senses Tea – From the cloud-veiled mountains of Yunnan, the birthplace of tea, this rare, high-grown, golden tippy Yunnan is one of the most prized China black teas in the world. Exquisitely smooth and malty with pleasing floral overtones and a tinge of citrus. Drink with a touch of sugar and a splash of milk, delicious over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I’m not sure I’ve had a golden yunnan before. I’ve had tippy yunnan from Harney, perhaps that is the same thing.

I picked this up while waiting for the ferry to go from Edmonds, Washington to Kingston, on the way to Olympic National Park. The size I got said there were 2 teabags in it, but when I pulled out the bag to avoid oversteeping, there was only one. It was not the round bag I associate with the Republic of Tea cans. This was a square bag with a fold over top, like I use sometimes for some of my loose teas. I wonder if they use loose leaf behind the counter. What was out for sale were the tins with the bags.

Regardless, this definitely hit the spot on a cold and misty day. It was strong and malty (I’m also noticing a preference that I have for malty teas…) and a lovely deep chestnut color. It was delicious while hot. It then sat for a few hours in the car and it was equally good when cold. Really surprisingly good. I don’t expect much from tea when I travel, especially not from coffee shops but this one means I need to try more golden yunnan. :)

gmathis

Do I remember correctly that a Rush concert was on the itinerary? Good? Great?

Nicole

Yes, tonight! Great, I hope! :)

This is a pretty good black tea. Not a necessity for my cupboard, but a likely visitor. It’s a sort of black I might seek out on occasion, depending on my mood.

I’m having trouble assessing this particular cup tonight as I am still recovering from the funky aftertaste of the almond black tea that I sampled. But I have brewed this one before, so I know it well enough.

Sofar, this is my favorite tea. - It’s amazing.

185 °F / 85 °C