Vanilla Coconut

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I tend to steep white tea longer than most...5 minutes give or take a half. I was a little afraid of this, it ended up getting pushed to the back of my cupboard. My first sip was reminiscent of...” Read full tasting note
    spohkh 42 tasting notes
  • “In the tin, this smelled delicious... until I realized there was a scent of something like bananas, and I started to try to break it down. I resorted to the ingredients list, which showed "vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    Andrea 23 tasting notes
  • “Be careful with steeping this one - not too hot of water, and fast steep (45 seconds or so). Smell is a good mix of coconut and vanilla. It's relatively strong smelling from the tin. The taste...” Read full tasting note
    Tea4Me 46 tasting notes
  • “Bought it, thinking I would like it - no LOVE it, as I love all things coconut... It was kind of like flavored (almost) hot water. Gave it away. Still seeking a yummy coconut tea.” Read full tasting note
    Goldii Lock 34 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Vanilla beans have been treasured for centuries for their intoxicating, floral bouquet and natural sweetness. Combined with the Kingdom coconut, which is located along the seaside of Wenchang, China, they are the inspiration for this fragrant, flavorful and rare White Tea. (Also known as item 40067 via catalogue)

Not all White Teas are created equal! The Republic of Tea has procured this season’s harvest to offer 100% White Tea in our signature round, unbleached tea bags. No other variety of tea or leaves are included. Once reserved for the cups of emperors and nobility we are honored to offer you this pure, delicate brew with its subtle, sweet, lingering finish. Serve warm or over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I tend to steep white tea longer than most…5 minutes give or take a half.
My first sip was reminiscent of my coffee drinking days. The initial taste was familiar—vanilla soy latte. The after taste is definitely coconut.
I’m on the fence.

In the tin, this smelled delicious… until I realized there was a scent of something like bananas, and I started to try to break it down. I resorted to the ingredients list, which showed “vanilla and coconut flavor”. Which, of course, means almost anything but actual vanilla or coconut.

Steeping, it did smell enticing, but when it was ready to drink it seemed like nothing more than hot water. Reminiscent of banana.

Reading the 1st tasting note, I wonder if I used water that was a little too hot. More likely, this tea is just too delicate for my palate, which tends to prefer really tasty spicy chais.

I’ll keep it in my cupboard, but will be happy to send a sample (it’s in bags) to anyone who’d like to give it a try despite my experience…

Be careful with steeping this one – not too hot of water, and fast steep (45 seconds or so).
Smell is a good mix of coconut and vanilla. It’s relatively strong smelling from the tin. The taste is white tea and coconut. With all of these tasting notes I’ve done, I’m noticing a trend with The Republic of Tea: not much vanilla taste to be had in their teas that have vanilla (so far from the ones I’ve tried). The vanilla smell is pretty but for some reason I can’t taste it. Since vanilla is listed in the title before coconut, I would have thought that vanilla would be the main flavour. It’s not a bad tea though, just a “like”, not a “love”.

Bought it, thinking I would like it – no LOVE it, as I love all things coconut… It was kind of like flavored (almost) hot water.
Gave it away.
Still seeking a yummy coconut tea.

Not bad, for what it is. The tea is nice and smooth, though as others have said, the vanilla isn’t extra strong. I may try it again with a little vanilla extract added. It gets pretty bitter in left in for a long time, though!

Weak.. would probably be good if it had more flavor to it. Won’t buy it again but might finish the box.

Delicious!