Green Kukicha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Backlogging from earlier today - I have had so many teas today but have not drank all of the cups as I am doing reviews for the SoroiTea Sisters site. Need to get some reviews built up for those...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Invader Zim* for this green tea sample. I'm not sure if I've ever had Kukicha, but if I had it's been a while. Also, is there a difference between green kukicha and JUST kukicha? So...” Read full tasting note
    forkyfork 166 tasting notes

From The Tea Merchant

Our organic green kukicha is comprised of non-roasted tea twigs and leafs. Otherwise known as Senkukicha and praised for its health benefits and low caffeine content in the macrobiotic community. This tea has a fresh grassy feel with a slightly fruity taste and a crisp finish. Brews a lively green infusion and is best brewed at a low temperature.

Ingredients:
Organic Green Tea Leafs and Stems

Caffeine Content: Low
Organic
Region: Japan

Temp: 165* F Steep: 3 min.

About The Tea Merchant View company

Backlogging from earlier today – I have had so many teas today but have not drank all of the cups as I am doing reviews for the SoroiTea Sisters site.
Need to get some reviews built up for those days when I don’t have time to do them.
Therefore I am not tea logged yet but have a lot to log haha!
This one is a goodie – I have just enough left for one more cup from the generous sample they sent me.
Will have to put this on my shopping list soon! I really want to try this with one of those melting ice steeps I think Bonnie told us about!

Thanks to Invader Zim for this green tea sample.

I’m not sure if I’ve ever had Kukicha, but if I had it’s been a while. Also, is there a difference between green kukicha and JUST kukicha? So many questions.

This is a pretty neat little tea. It’s very green, no mistaking that. It’s got that grassy vegetal taste, almost like spinach. I may have used a little too much tea, so the taste might be stronger than needed. I went with 4.4g for roughly 10 oz of water.

Another motivation to brew up this tea came from the fact that Yogic Chai is offering a lot of their chai’s on sale, and one of them is a Kukicha chai (who has ever heard of that, right?). I wanted to make sure I actually liked it before ordering. Now I’m wondering how this would compare. Hmm…

Invader Zim

Kukicha is one of those that I don’t know a whole lot about. I’m not sure if there is a difference or not, I would assume there would be, but I have not had that many to be able to tell. I’m glad you liked this though, I find it very mellow and nice.

Babble

I think I remember reading how it doesn’t get bitter easily like other greens.

Poor Kukicha. Not exactly as well loved as its more popular brother Sencha.