Green Rhubarb

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

• “I was expecting a tart edge from the rhubarb in this tea, but the really weird thing is that this tartness didn't translate into a fruity taste, but into the sort of "curly" taste I associate with...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 394 tasting notes
  • “Took this tea in my Timolino today. It's got a sweet grassiness with a nippy rhubarb edge to it. I've tasted something like this rhubarb flavouring somewhere else but can't remember. ...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 190 tasting notes

From The TeaCupany

From early childhood memories of excitement upon hearing g that the rhubarb pies were done bring flashbacks as vivid as the tangy light taste of the rhubarb in this green tea. This mixture blends the light flavor of green tea with a nice light note of rhubarb to create a nice calming cup of tea good for anytime of the day. Try serving the tea chilled to bring out more of the rhubarb flavor, or add a bit of sweetener to give it a little pep.

Best if steeped at 180 ° for 3 minutes.

Ingredients: Green tea mixed with hibiscus flowers, strawberries, marigold flowers, raspberry leaves, apple pieces and infused with natural rhubarb flavors.

About The TeaCupany View company

I was expecting a tart edge from the rhubarb in this tea, but the really weird thing is that this tartness didn’t translate into a fruity taste, but into the sort of “curly” taste I associate with oolongs!

I really can’t describe it – it’s just the way that the flavour hits my tongue, it’s not quite astringent, but it makes my tongue want to curl in a certain way.

Unfortunately, this reminds me of a rather green kind of oolong, and I’m finding that I’m not a fan of greener oolongs. At this point I don’t know if I don’t like oolongs at all, or if I only like more roasted, darker ones.

Anyways, this tea tastes really familiar somehow. I know I’ve got a tea in my cupboard, or that I’ve already sipped down, that this reminds me of, and I just can’t put my finger on it. So frustrating!

At least I got to try it via swap instead of purchasing. Thanks, Ubacat!

Ubacat

I’m sorry you didn’t like it. What’s strange is I also thought that flavour was familiar. Not an oolong but another green tea from a long time ago.

Took this tea in my Timolino today. It’s got a sweet grassiness with a nippy rhubarb edge to it. I’ve tasted something like this rhubarb flavouring somewhere else but can’t remember. Overall, an enjoyable tea. I liked it even better than my first cup so maybe this one will grow on me more.