Jasmine Green Tea

Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Tea Bag
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Bagged Aroma when Dry: heavy floral After water is first poured: lightly floral At end of steep: fruity Tea liquor: At end of steep: clear Staple? Type yes, prefer loose leaf, unsure about...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “Nice light green tea with a hint of jasmine, not too strong which I like. My parents love the Home Goods/Marshalls/KMart reduced tea selection so I always seem to find these heavily reduced...” Read full tasting note
    Saroyan2 123 tasting notes
  • “This is a delicate green tea with hints of Jasmine. This is not a strong tea. I'm drinking it in the evenings when I wind down. I drink this tea with 1/2 tsp of raw cane sugar. I found this tea at...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “"Delicate aroma" may be something of an understatement in the case of Touch Organic Organic Jasmine Green Tea. I taste nearly no jasmine! It's true that I have been drinking some heavily scented...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1094 tasting notes

From Touch Organic

Premium organic green tea is naturally infused with Jasmine flowers to produce a delicate aroma and refreshing green tea taste.

About Touch Organic View company

Bagged
Aroma when Dry: heavy floral
After water is first poured: lightly floral
At end of steep: fruity
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: clear
Staple? Type yes, prefer loose leaf, unsure about this company
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first?: Jasmine, floral and fruity notes
As it cools?: gets bodied, slightly brothy, slight salt notes
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? yes, heavy floral notes

Second Steep(5min):
Floral Jasmine and stronger fruity, perfume notes in palate
Perfumy texture lingers

Nice light green tea with a hint of jasmine, not too strong which I like. My parents love the Home Goods/Marshalls/KMart reduced tea selection so I always seem to find these heavily reduced teabags in my pantry and they always seem like the saddest toys in the shop. The teabag is so small and the tea packed so tightly that it just kind of sits there like a rusty coin. Maybe I’ll try ripping it open and throwing it into my mesh strainer.

K S

Images of the isle of misfit teabags popped into my head. Ahhh. :(

This is a delicate green tea with hints of Jasmine. This is not a strong tea. I’m drinking it in the evenings when I wind down. I drink this tea with 1/2 tsp of raw cane sugar. I found this tea at T.J.Maxx, very inexpensive.

“Delicate aroma” may be something of an understatement in the case of Touch Organic Organic Jasmine Green Tea. I taste nearly no jasmine! It’s true that I have been drinking some heavily scented haute jasmines teas of late, but this is a stretch. I am not calling the folks at Touch Organic liars, but one possibility is that the flimsy paper envelopes (à la Lipton, Salada, et al.) do not preserve the precious scent of jasmine.

It’s also possible that my can is old, but I have ruled that out since the expiration date is far in the future, indicating that the package was only recently produced. That does not prove that the tea is new, of course, since these filter bags are filled with sub-fannings dust, which may well have sat on the floor of tea rooms for ages before being swept up into large receptacles for the purpose of filling mass-market filter bags.

This tea reminds me somewhat of the Touch Organic Green but perhaps closer to chun mee than that blend. It’s a middle-of-the road green tea: better than some grocery store greens, but nowhere near the quality available in loose leaf far from the tea aisle. Not bad in a pinch, for a quick hot beverage fix, but not a great tea, and definitely nothing I would identify as jasmine without coaching. I might use the remaining bags for iced tea this summer.

(Blazing New Rating #39)

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML
Cheri

I’d rather have a strong jasmine than a delicate jasmine.

sherapop

Cheri, this one is below my threshold capacity for detection!

Cheri

That’s just disappointing. Why even call it jasmine?

For folks who enjoy jasmine that’s not so in-your-face as many jasmine teas. This is a pleasant jasmine with solid but soft notes of orchid-Juicy Fruit, as opposed to being a frank, perfumey one-note jasmine. It also has slight roasty undertones. Smooth but moderately astringent on the long finish. Good for a bagged tea.

A nice, light green tea with a hint of jasmine essence. It won’t be replacing my Rishi jasmine pearls any time soon but it was cheap ($3 at Homegoods) and makes an excellent bagged tea for the office. I actually prefer the flavor of this jasmine tea to many of the inexpensive brands I’ve bought from grocery stores and Asian markets and then had to throw out.

I bought this in loose-leaf pyramid bags. It has an appealing jasmine aroma and noticeable jasmine taste. Both the green tea flavor and jasmine flavors are evident, but neither over powers the other. This is a wonderfully light and smooth tea for any time of the day! I’ll be buying more of this.