Tropical Goji Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by cmgarfield

• “The other reviews were only luke warm on this. I LOVED it. I am a major fan of gojiberry. The addition of mango is a good choice. These two combined with the sencha make this taste a bit orange in...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1156 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised this wasn't in the database yet. Anyhow...I am backlogging this. Sometimes bagged green tea leaves a funky aftertaste - this did NOT. PLUS ONE, eh!? In the past I have had some...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This tea bag looks like it had received a little rough treatment at some point. Probably just when it was in transit, from what I can tell. Inside the pyramid bag most of the leaves were whole and...” Read full tasting note
    Dinahsaur 87 tasting notes

From two leaves and a bud

Traditional Japanese sencha tea leaves blended with mango pieces and other tropical natural flavors.

About two leaves and a bud View company

The other reviews were only luke warm on this. I LOVED it. I am a major fan of gojiberry. The addition of mango is a good choice. These two combined with the sencha make this taste a bit orange in mid sip. I bet this is awesome iced. 6 months from now I may care about that.

I was surprised this wasn’t in the database yet. Anyhow…I am backlogging this. Sometimes bagged green tea leaves a funky aftertaste – this did NOT. PLUS ONE, eh!? In the past I have had some bad tea flavoring experiences with Goji flavored stuff. Luckily this was a gently flavored green tea. Another PLUS! And I enjoyed this cup pretty well! It was a nice surprise! Yet another PLUS!

So…3 PLUSes…equals a PLUS type of review/rating.

I don’t think I would stock up on this but would certainly drink it on occasion if I came across it from time to time.

This tea bag looks like it had received a little rough treatment at some point. Probably just when it was in transit, from what I can tell. Inside the pyramid bag most of the leaves were whole and fine, but some clearly had been crushed at some point inside the bag, so there were a bit more, well… bits than I would prefer.

However this did not result in a bad tea at all! I perhaps lessened my steeping time by a small amount to prevent from over-brewing with the smaller pieces, but that’s all.

I was a little worried about the flavoring on this tea, since I have experienced some teas that just overdo it. Thankfully, Two Leaves and a Bud do not fit in that category with this tea! The goji and tropical flavors are very mild and pleasant. It just adds a sweetness to the tea. The liquor has a nice light yellowish color and the aroma is a bit sweeter than the tea itself (which was in its favor).

This is a tea that I would enjoy on a morning where I need just a mild wake up and something sweet instead of hearty. Not sure if I’d pick up too much at a time, but a few on hand would not go amiss!

Thank you to Two Leaves and a Bud for sending along this sample!