Genmai-cha

Green Tea
Fish Broth, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Yamamotoyama

Product description not available yet.

About Yamamotoyama View company

This is a lovely tea and I am fortunate to have purchased several varieties (all of which are Genmai-cha) but different from each other. (roasted as opposed to steamed is an example)

Color: light brown
Tasting notes: Green tea with roasted brown rice
Characteristic: nutty, grainy, and roasted

This tea is a nutty brown rice flavor which combines well with the green tea. It is a distinctive mix of flavors and aroma, which makes the tea a soothing choice for after meals and throughout the day.

I find I prefer this tea served hot with the suggested steeping of 2-3 minutes. The almost sweet, roasted flavor of the rice contributes nicely to making one feel full, as if having consumed a meal. Or if hungry to go and have dinner while continuing to enjoy the tea.

Tea was purchased at Miso Market; visit them at (www.misomarketasian.com) or visit Yamamotoyama directly at http://www.yamamotoyama.com.

A great choice if you just had something greasy. This roasted nutty taste will wash down the nasty greasy taste in your mouth but does not overpower them.

This tea is very strange. It has a unique flavour and aroma. In my particular experience with this tea, I first had a nutty and earthy aroma and taste which ended up developing into a fishy flavour! I don’t know if I ruined the tea by overheating but I couldn’t drink the last serving, which is supposed to be the nicest part of the tea, due to the overwheliming fish flavour. I will say this though it leaves a lovely nutty flavour in your throat!

Flavors: Fish Broth, Nuts

My ultimate green tea drink. I adore the flavour :)

Serviceable genmai from the asian market.