Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jmla

• “Mmmm... This is exactly as advertised and well blended. The honey and lavender mesh together nicely. The mint comes out as a nice tangy aftertaste. Very relaxing and very pleasant. Also a lot...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 311 tasting notes
  • “Random Teabag Sipdown! I like lavender and I like honey, so in theory I should have liked this tea, but I didn't. I didn't taste any of the flavors the name mentioned, what I did taste was sage....” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1608 tasting notes
  • “ Today I am reviewing an herbal blend by Yogi Tea, Honey Lavender Stress Relief to be exact. I am not stressed but a little bit of relaxation would certainly be nice. This tea is a blend of...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 197 tasting notes
  • “Alongside another Yogi tea, I received this tea as a sample from the company. I didn't really know what to expect, as I've never had a tea with lavender in it before, and honestly, I almost...” Read full tasting note
    pomgreentea 18 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Relax and enjoy a cup of our Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea, a delicious, all-natural blend specifically formulated to help calm your mind and body. Traditionally used to promote relaxation by soothing the nerves, Lemon Balm Leaf and Passion Flower Extract combine with Organic Chamomile and Lavender Flower for a comforting and deliciously intriguing blend that promotes a sense of calm. Relax and enjoy a cup of this soothing tea-blended with sweet Honey flavor and Spearmint-to help calm you during a stressful day or to ease you into a restful night.

About Yogi Tea View company

Mmmm…

This is exactly as advertised and well blended. The honey and lavender mesh together nicely. The mint comes out as a nice tangy aftertaste. Very relaxing and very pleasant. Also a lot fewer ingredients than most Yogi teas. This is a nice change of pace from my usual bedtime teas.

sipdown

Angrboda

Would you say it’s very floral in flavour? Would somebody who doesn’t much care for floral scented teas be able to drink this, do you think?

Kaylee

I don’t mind florals, so it’s hard for me to say. The lavender flavor is prominent here and lavender is a flower. The ingredients also include passion flower extract. I don’t taste that as a distinct flavor, but I imagine that its purpose is to supplement/amplify the lavender flavor. In short – I don’t know. I guess it depends on whether your dislike for floral teas is uniform or flower-specific.

Kaylee

You can try out a sample here: http://www.yogiproducts.com/ecard (it’s the “Rest” well-wish).

Angrboda

Those are US addresses only. I’ll have to see if I can find it in a shop here abouts. I don’t even know if that’s possible yet. I was just attracted to the honey. :)

I’m not sure about floral though. Sometimes I find it tolerable and sometimes it’s impossible to drink. I know I don’t like jasmine, but I don’t have enough experience with other flowers to know for certain. Rose seems to be generally okay for me and orange blossoms. But I don’t know if it’s a question of not disliking those particular flowers or just having had them in more balanced blends in general. It could just be a floral strength issue.

Random Teabag Sipdown!

I like lavender and I like honey, so in theory I should have liked this tea, but I didn’t. I didn’t taste any of the flavors the name mentioned, what I did taste was sage. I hate sage in my tea. It was followed up by the barest hint of peppermint and those were the only two flavors I got from the tea.

This is definitely not my cup of tea, so I’m glad that I only had two bags of it.

Today I am reviewing an herbal blend by Yogi Tea, Honey Lavender Stress Relief to be exact. I am not stressed but a little bit of relaxation would certainly be nice. This tea is a blend of Rooibos, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Spearmint, Lemongrass, Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon Myrtle, Sage, Passion Flower Extract, Stevia Leaf, and Natural and Organic flavorings. The aroma is sweet and minty with delicate undertones of lavender. The tea is only a touch floral and an even smaller hint of grass, there are also bright wisps of lemon balm. To me the aroma is very wintry, like when a novel describes the air as smelling like winter I imagine it being a mix of mint, lavender, and citrus with a hint of sweetness, clean and bright.

As it steeps (and we get to see what neat little phrase is on the bag tag) the aroma is still fairly sweet but it takes on notes of vanilla. There are also grassy and herbaceous notes and of course a hint of floral. But what about the mint you are asking, no worries, it is still there but it has calmed down a good bit allowing other aromas to pop through.

The taste of this tea is sweet and mild, the sweetness is like vanilla, I am assuming it is from the Rooibos since it has that mild earthiness to it. There are also notes of floral and grass with a hint of herbaceous flavors. As it cools it becomes mintier and sweeter. This tea is very soothing for a sore throat and clears up my chest a bit (oh mint, you are so powerful) I do wish the lavender was a bit stronger and less of an afterthought since with a name like “Honey Lavender” I expect it to be one of the main flavors. Taste not matching up to the name aside, I feel relaxed and this tea tastes good. Time for lounging under a pile of fuzzy blankets and cats.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/yogi-tea-honey-lavender-stress-relief.html

Alongside another Yogi tea, I received this tea as a sample from the company. I didn’t really know what to expect, as I’ve never had a tea with lavender in it before, and honestly, I almost expected to hate it. I assumed it would taste too artificial and overpowering.

How very wrong my expectations were though! The tea, once brewed, had a very delicate smell. The honey and lavender were apparent, without being overwhelming, in terms of smell and flavor. There was a hint of mint and a slightly sweet and fruity taste as well.

I felt that it lived up to its name as well as being a good tea for stress relief. I felt much more relaxed and calm after drinking this. Overall, I did not expect much from this tea, but after trying it, this is definitely something I’d keep regularly stocked at home.

This is a delicious bedtime tea for when there’s not enough time for a loose leaf. The lavender is fairly subtle, mostly coming out in the aroma. I predominantly tasted a nice minty menthol flavor along with noticeable sweetness. The full body and lack of astringency make this a tasty and comforting tea.

Boiling 8 min or more