Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief

Herbal Tea
Flowers, Honey, Lavender, Milk, Sweet, Mint, Rooibos, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by simondzhong

• “Mmmm… This is exactly as advertised and well blended. The honey and lavender mesh together nicely. The mint comes out as a nice tangy aftertaste. Very relaxing and very pleasant. Also a...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 588 tasting notes
  • “Random Teabag Sipdown! I like lavender and I like honey, so in theory I should have liked this tea, but I didn’t. I didn’t taste any of the flavors the name mentioned, what I did taste...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2147 tasting notes
  • “Today I am reviewing an herbal blend by Yogi Tea, Honey Lavender Stress Relief to be exact. I am not stressed but a little bit of relaxation would certainly be nice. This tea is a blend of Rooibos,...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 889 tasting notes
  • “Alongside another Yogi tea, I received this tea as a sample from the company. I didn’t really know what to expect, as I’ve never had a tea with lavender in it before, and honestly, I...” Read full tasting note
    pomgreentea 32 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Relax and enjoy a cup of our Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea, a delicious, all-natural blend specifically formulated to help calm your mind and body. Traditionally used to promote relaxation by soothing the nerves, Lemon Balm Leaf and Passion Flower Extract combine with Organic Chamomile and Lavender Flower for a comforting and deliciously intriguing blend that promotes a sense of calm. Relax and enjoy a cup of this soothing tea-blended with sweet Honey flavor and Spearmint-to help calm you during a stressful day or to ease you into a restful night.

About Yogi Tea View company

Mmmm…

This is exactly as advertised and well blended. The honey and lavender mesh together nicely. The mint comes out as a nice tangy aftertaste. Very relaxing and very pleasant. Also a lot fewer ingredients than most Yogi teas. This is a nice change of pace from my usual bedtime teas.

sipdown

Angrboda

Would you say it’s very floral in flavour? Would somebody who doesn’t much care for floral scented teas be able to drink this, do you think?

Kaylee

I don’t mind florals, so it’s hard for me to say. The lavender flavor is prominent here and lavender is a flower. The ingredients also include passion flower extract. I don’t taste that as a distinct flavor, but I imagine that its purpose is to supplement/amplify the lavender flavor. In short – I don’t know. I guess it depends on whether your dislike for floral teas is uniform or flower-specific.

Kaylee

You can try out a sample here: http://www.yogiproducts.com/ecard (it’s the “Rest” well-wish).

Angrboda

Those are US addresses only. I’ll have to see if I can find it in a shop here abouts. I don’t even know if that’s possible yet. I was just attracted to the honey. :)

I’m not sure about floral though. Sometimes I find it tolerable and sometimes it’s impossible to drink. I know I don’t like jasmine, but I don’t have enough experience with other flowers to know for certain. Rose seems to be generally okay for me and orange blossoms. But I don’t know if it’s a question of not disliking those particular flowers or just having had them in more balanced blends in general. It could just be a floral strength issue.

Random Teabag Sipdown!

I like lavender and I like honey, so in theory I should have liked this tea, but I didn’t. I didn’t taste any of the flavors the name mentioned, what I did taste was sage. I hate sage in my tea. It was followed up by the barest hint of peppermint and those were the only two flavors I got from the tea.

This is definitely not my cup of tea, so I’m glad that I only had two bags of it.

Lion

I also don’t taste lavender (much) or honey (at all) in the flavor. I agree about that! I do like the tea, but yeah, those flavors aren’t balanced the way you’d expect from the name.

Today I am reviewing an herbal blend by Yogi Tea, Honey Lavender Stress Relief to be exact. I am not stressed but a little bit of relaxation would certainly be nice. This tea is a blend of Rooibos, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Spearmint, Lemongrass, Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon Myrtle, Sage, Passion Flower Extract, Stevia Leaf, and Natural and Organic flavorings. The aroma is sweet and minty with delicate undertones of lavender. The tea is only a touch floral and an even smaller hint of grass, there are also bright wisps of lemon balm. To me the aroma is very wintry, like when a novel describes the air as smelling like winter I imagine it being a mix of mint, lavender, and citrus with a hint of sweetness, clean and bright.

As it steeps (and we get to see what neat little phrase is on the bag tag) the aroma is still fairly sweet but it takes on notes of vanilla. There are also grassy and herbaceous notes and of course a hint of floral. But what about the mint you are asking, no worries, it is still there but it has calmed down a good bit allowing other aromas to pop through.

The taste of this tea is sweet and mild, the sweetness is like vanilla, I am assuming it is from the Rooibos since it has that mild earthiness to it. There are also notes of floral and grass with a hint of herbaceous flavors. As it cools it becomes mintier and sweeter. This tea is very soothing for a sore throat and clears up my chest a bit (oh mint, you are so powerful) I do wish the lavender was a bit stronger and less of an afterthought since with a name like “Honey Lavender” I expect it to be one of the main flavors. Taste not matching up to the name aside, I feel relaxed and this tea tastes good. Time for lounging under a pile of fuzzy blankets and cats.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/yogi-tea-honey-lavender-stress-relief.html

Lion

I just bought a box of this tea and while I really like it, I also felt the lavender was an afterthought and only really evident in the smell of the dry tea bag. Idk if you had access to the full ingredients list at the time but it does have vanilla flavoring added, which is why you were tasting vanilla.

If you have any suggestions on a really lovely herbal tea I should try send them my way! I have been trying to find something to relax me at night when I can’t drink caffeine. I do like this tea but want to try some other things. I looooove lavender. Chamomile is another I’ve been thinking I should pick up. I did see a Chamomile lavender from Bigelow I think but if I recall right I’ve tried it and didn’t like it? Maybe. Idk. :P

Lion

Oh yeah, and regarding herbal tea suggestions, would love if I can find one to love that has no tulsi or mint, as those tend to make herbal teas all kind of taste the same to me.

Alongside another Yogi tea, I received this tea as a sample from the company. I didn’t really know what to expect, as I’ve never had a tea with lavender in it before, and honestly, I almost expected to hate it. I assumed it would taste too artificial and overpowering.

How very wrong my expectations were though! The tea, once brewed, had a very delicate smell. The honey and lavender were apparent, without being overwhelming, in terms of smell and flavor. There was a hint of mint and a slightly sweet and fruity taste as well.

I felt that it lived up to its name as well as being a good tea for stress relief. I felt much more relaxed and calm after drinking this. Overall, I did not expect much from this tea, but after trying it, this is definitely something I’d keep regularly stocked at home.

This is a delicious bedtime tea for when there’s not enough time for a loose leaf. The lavender is fairly subtle, mostly coming out in the aroma. I predominantly tasted a nice minty menthol flavor along with noticeable sweetness. The full body and lack of astringency make this a tasty and comforting tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

A nice tea to drink at night before going to bed. The taste is sweet and comforting, and very smooth. Even the process of drinking it feels calming and de-stressing.

My panic disorder has been flaring up these past few weeks… I don’t for one second believe that this bagged tea is curing anything, but it does seem to help me sleep, which is a plus. And it tastes so good. Lavender is the most perfect herb on the planet.

I appreciate this blend especially because I recognize all of the ingredients. Yogi likes to put weird stuff in their teas (what the hell is a schizandra berry?) which makes me a little apprehensive. But this one is just what you need when you’re anxious: soothing, mild, naturally sweet, no funky random herbs and berries. Reliable.

Flavors: Flowers, Honey, Lavender, Milk, Sweet

KiwiDelight

Ditto. I love lavender! It’s the only herb that actually helps me with sleeping. I’m adding this to my wishlist.

teaqueen

One of my favorites by this company, definitely :)

Bagged and herbal teas are usually not my thing these days but I’ve been suffering some unfortunate physical effects from caffeine late at night and wanted to try something to calm me down more before bed. Picked this up because I love lavender and the list of ingredients was nice.

The lavender scent is most evident on the dry tea bag unfortunately, and in the pouch after you take the bag out. After you steep the tea, the lavender blends with all the other herbal aromas and is hard to discern. It also doesn’t have anything that I’d call a honey taste or aroma. Mostly I taste mild sweetness from the stevia leaf, a bit of the woodiness of the rooibos that’s in there, a hint of lavender, and some mint.

Unfortunately, when there is mint or holy basil (tulsi) in an herbal tea blend they have the unfortunate fate of all tasting rather the same to me, albeit with slightly different character. This one is really soothing and lightly sweet and does have a very relaxing taste and aroma, even if the lavender doesn’t stand out. I feel a noticeable calm and sedating effect whenever I drink this tea, similar but opposite to how caffeine hits me. I think this blend of herbs may actually have a good combination to biologically induce this, rather than just through enjoyment and aesthetic, as I feel the similar body shift into a more relaxed and lulled state every time I drink it.

The effect part of the tea’s name (stress relief) is a bit more accurate than the flavor descriptor (honey lavender), but I actually really like this tea. I can see myself buying it again. It does what it says it does, for me at least, and that is why I bought it, so I’m a happy big cat.

Still looking for a wonderful herbal tea that soothes and has no mint or tulsi though. I really love things with lavender, but maybe I should veer away from lavender a bit and look for something on the rose flavor spectrum.

Flavors: Lavender, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet

Terri HarpLady

I’ve had to stop drinking tea in the late afternoon in order to go to bed at a reasonable hour (like before midnight) :)

I love lavender tea, and this one is pretty soothing.

Love this tea! Tastes amazing and it does calm your nerves.