Organic Chiran Sencha

Green Tea
Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by doodlebe

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I really enjoyed this tea. I wanted to try a new provider for Japanese teas, so I tried Yuuki. I am glad I tried them out. I am drinking my third rebrew. I think the 2nd brew was the best,...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 256 tasting notes

From Yuuki-cha

A gem that we uncovered during the 2012 shincha season is this green tea grown in the countryside part of Nishimoto which is in the northern area of the Chiran tea growing region of Minami Kyushu, Kagoshima. It comes to us by way of a small scale cooperative grower that is passionate about delivering incredibly delicious organic sencha to his customers at an equally incredible price!

This year, this particular grade of his is a three cultivar blend of Yabukita, Yutakamidori, and the venerable Asatsuyu! An easy drinker, easy to brew, rich & complex tasting, appetizingly aromatic, so sumptuous, and brews up into a deep green liquor color. If you are a deep steamed fukamushi sencha green tea fan, it would be difficult not to like the taste (and value) of this one!

About Yuuki-cha View company

1 Tasting Note

I really enjoyed this tea. I wanted to try a new provider for Japanese teas, so I tried Yuuki. I am glad I tried them out. I am drinking my third rebrew. I think the 2nd brew was the best, greenest. Just a little astringency, grassy, slightly thick on the tongue with a sweetness.