Sweet Desert Delight (aka Desert Blend)

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Zhi Tea

Sweet Desert Delight, Another Zhi Signature Blend that takes flavor to new heights.

We blend our organic red rooibos (pron. “roy-bos”), cinnamon, anise pods, cacao nibs, coconut pieces, safflowers and stevia leaf to create a world-class organic taste sensation.

This is truly an oasis for the senses. Relish in the heady aroma of the steeping brew.

Inhale deeply. Pour a mug. Savor. Imbibe. Repeat. Indulge. Relax!

No sugar and no caffeine. Naturally sweet and healthy; from Zhi to you.

USDA Organic and Fair Trade

4.2 oz Tin – $14.50 – 59 Servings 25¢ per cup
8.0 oz Pouch $22.00 – 107 Servings 19¢ per cup

AKA Sweet Dessert Delight; Sweet Thai Delight; Red Thai Delight; Red Tea

About Zhi Tea View company

I thought I had tried this one before! I received a sample today and it was packaged differently than I remember. I went back and read my previous review and scored it quite low! (59) – As I am drinking this THIS time around it’s soooooo different! Not sure if I was logging the wrong tea before or had a bad or old batch…hum…

Anyhow…on to this review…

The dry blend scent is somewhere between a chocolate chai smell I have in recent memory AND a Chocolate Coconut Cinnamon Cookie of sorts. It has a sort of a plastic smell but that could very well be from the packaging.

The color is a deep red-brown. The aroma of the liquid is Cinnamon, Coconut, and almost a little bit of a cream scent.

The taste is sweet but also spicy…a natural cinnamon spice…not Fire Ball type cinnamon. I have a HONKIN’ HUGE Anise Star In there so I was a little afraid of the results but as I sip I am pleasantly surprised. This is pretty good. The sip starts as a contradicting sweet and spice but they are working ok with each other and morphs into a flatter taste towards the end of the sip – just before the swallow.

This isn’t bad at all and I am certainly changing my rating!

TeaEqualsBliss

When this cools…it’s all about the coconut and it gets sweeter and sweeter VERY SWEET…so I am thinking from my previous review…my water wasn’t hot enough with my first attempt…but this attempt was nice!

Spencer

Sounds like a unique tasting tea. No need for adding sugar, I suppose?

TeaEqualsBliss

I don’t ever add sugar but I think if you are used to adding sufar you still wouldn’t need to, no. :)

SoccerMom

Yay for it tasting good this time around.:)

The end of my sample. Sadness. This is the perfect evening tea for me. Think I’m gonna get a full size.

Backlog: I like this best when it has had plenty of time to steep (I steeped it for 10 minutes this time) and when I add just a pinch of sugar it helps offset the weird aftertaste from the stevia. I am not a fan of stevia … I’d rather not have sweetener at all than have the stevia, but because it’s in there, I wanted something to alter that aftertaste a bit.

Tasty, but certainly not my favorite from Zhi Tea.

Had a small sample of this in the Zhi Tea shop today. Very sweet – I love sweet teas & I think this is the first tea I’ve ever come across that I didn’t want to add sugar or honey to. Very, very good; a medley of sweet & spicy flavors. Recommended!

I disliked this at first. I don’t eat much sugar, so really notice “sweet”. For me, when I drank this on it’s own, the taste was overwhelmingly that powdery, coldness of stevia, which I don’t like. I didn’t finish the cup. Not wanting to waste it though, I tried adding a small amount to a pot of black tea. Yum! Chocolate liqueur tea. I may buy this again after all.