Golden Lily Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

• “Drinking the last of my sample today. This Jin Xuan Oolong is heaven. This tea gives me the same euphoric feeling you get from yoga. The aroma causes you to breathe deeply and inhale the scent...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 225 tasting notes
  • “The first impression is quite beautiful. The tea opens with the raw almonds notes, followed by a peculiar taste sensation reminding of a boiled artichoke heart. The tea is not overly fragrant,...” Read full tasting note
    pantheon 44 tasting notes
  • “This sample comes from *MzPriss* after seeing my Milk Oolong off. Thank you! This tea is wonderful BUT, I can't think of it has a milk oolong. This tea is lacking the creamy/buttery notes that...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 347 tasting notes

From Zhi Tea

A grea, well-done batch of Golden Lily (jin xuan) from Mr Huang’s, small, high-elevation artisan farm in Taiwan (1900 feet). This year’s batch of this tea beats all previous years since we have been experiencing it, in spite of the dry weather earlier this year.

Sweet and succulent with a long floral finish. Creamy and smooth, hence its other name ‘Milk Oolong’. This tea is slightly buttery and sweet with a nice, long finish and holds up to many steepings.

Hand crafted and grown organically in Nantou, Taiwan and certified MOA. This is a vacuum sealed wonderful March, 2009 batch, VERY LIMITED SUPPLY. Our best selling Taiwanese oolong.

One of our Rare Artisan Reserve oolong teas, a line of small batch handmade teas from a craft handed down over generations. Hand selected for having all the hallmark qualities of the highest grades (this is the top-most grade) with noteable personality accents.

About Zhi Tea View company

Drinking the last of my sample today. This Jin Xuan Oolong is heaven. This tea gives me the same euphoric feeling you get from yoga. The aroma causes you to breathe deeply and inhale the scent of beautiful flowers and the light toasty, creamy flavor fills you with warmth. The leaves are all consistent in size and rolled. The taste is a perfect balance of creamy, floral, and toasty notes. Gonna steep this one as many times as I can today and then I must order more Jin Xuan to try!!!!

The first impression is quite beautiful. The tea opens with the raw almonds notes, followed by a peculiar taste sensation reminding of a boiled artichoke heart. The tea is not overly fragrant, but also not too grassy but rather sweet. However, it takes more than the usual amount of tea to get the full spectrum of flavors while a second steep already shows some decline. I like this tea a lot, nevertheless it is good only for two steeps before it becomes bitter. I wish there was more consistency in taste and fragrance. I feel fooled by this tea. Starts with a bang but ends with a whisper.

This sample comes from MzPriss after seeing my Milk Oolong off. Thank you!

This tea is wonderful BUT, I can’t think of it has a milk oolong. This tea is lacking the creamy/buttery notes that to me make a milk oolong a milk oolong. I will think of this as a golden lily oolong and nothing more. This was a light tea with very nice fruity floral notes. This team almost seemed like it had added fruity flavoring it was so juicy. It was a very crisp clean taste with no bitterness. I didn’t get to do as many infusions as I would have liked to with my first cup. I hope to revisit this tea this weekend and have more to say about the flavor. When I get a chance to order the Gong Fu Black this will definitely be in my order. Thank you for sharing this one with me MzPriss!