drank Winter Nog by Della Terra Teas

First of all, I’ve never had eggnog before, so I can’t make any comparisons!

The dried tea is a rusty brown colour with odd white snow flakes in it. It’s smells of cinnamon with a hint of other spices like nutmeg. When steeping the spices come out again, but with extra warmth which makes the sweetness more pleasant. There is also a slight liquor smell to it, although not in a bad way. I found it was present more in the dry leaves than the mug.

My first try was without milk, and it tasted nice, but I felt it needed some creaminess to help balance the sweetness, so I added just a dash to my second cup. This made it really good. Cinnamon is one of my favourite sweet spices, and it came across well. It is quite a sweet blend, and I didn’t really get much of the tea at all in the first cup, so second time round I also steeped for a lot longer.

Based on my first cup I wouldn’t have rated it as highly, but playing with how I made it helped a lot, and I really enjoyed the second cup. It’s not a flavour to drink all the time, but nice would be nice with sticky bun in the afternoon.