drank Gold Rush by DAVIDsTEA

I picked up some of this tonight as a to-go cup. I had this almost a year ago, when it first came out, but I never bothered to pick up more as it was just too expensive in relation to how much I enjoyed it. Every once in a while, in a cup, it’s ok, though. It’s also one of those “teas” that doesn’t consist of a lot of leaf, and I can relax on the “steeping time” with the baggy; optimal for David’s Tea to-go cups!

There’s a good dose of coconut in this but the flavour is clearly dictated by the mulberries, a very strange, extremely sweet “golden yellow-white” berry. The Liqour smells like syrupy coconut.

On the bus ride back to the rented place, I couldn’t help but think this would make a very tasty “light beer”. I don’t know why, it’s not particularly malty, more a nutty and fruity honey flavour but it has something I associate with light sweet beers.

I love eating the wet leaves of this tea most of all. The mulberries and coconut still have their sweetness (I guess I could have done a second steep) but I ate everything too fast. So good! I know, I’m a strange one. There were actually a few white tea leaves this time around, which is very surprising for this blend!

Cavocorax

This sounds really good! I like getting the go-cups, then resteeping it later on. It always seems like they put a lot of tea in there.

CrowKettle

Yes, it does seem that way. I was surprised with how much was in the tea bag. This is both a heavy and expensive tea and I felt very satisfied with taking this to go.

Plunkybug

I ate my mulberries today too. I might get a bagful of it, but horde it and only have it once in a while. Or, add some if my white peony to it to stretch it out some. It is a weighty tea. My 24g was nearly $2 more than my 26g of Movie Night which does share some similar characteristics.

Comments

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

Plunkybug

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland