drank Rose Mango by Utopia Tea

Besides the yellow rosy floral taste, this tea makes me sad. They should have put in real, big mango bits, grrrr!!! As it is, the fruity flavour, which is yet more “yellowness”, comes off as somewhat insincere. A little tangy, like pineapple or lemon. I hadn’t realized yellow was a taste before this tea so it gets cool points for that.

I should try this iced before passing final judgment on it though. I don’t think this tea was meant to thrive as a hot cup and it definitely wasn’t meant to ever bear witness to the addition of milk.. it came out tasting a little like pledge polisher after that. Nope.

The dry loose leaves smell like citrus jello, which is lovely but, you know, I want mangoes!

Edit: on closer inspection, this bag looks like it contains a handful of yellow and white fruit pieces, so there is hope. I’ll make a more “analytical” note when I make some iced tea.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland