drank Coco-Lemon Thai by DAVIDsTEA

I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to buying a tiny sample. Willpower is at the level of a small child in a candy theme park. I also bought more Purdy’s chocolate. It was that kind of day.

The blend smells a bit like lemon meringue, although I get a nice whiff of ginger and sweetened coconut. It also reminds me a bit of Cocomint but there are no apples in here, thankfully. The aroma becomes spiced, in a gingery lemon way, when hot water is poured over it.

This one tastes like it smells except that the ginger doesn’t actually zap. I wish it zapped. It’s a very tangy, yet sweet, lemon-ginger flavour with highlights of coconut blended throughout. It’s sweet, sour, and (softly) spicy near the finish, while also being slightly creamier than it is watery. Citrus is what really stands out, with coconut that is sticky sweet like the flakes you use to bake with. I’d say there’s also potentially a floral note to it as well.

This tasted good after the bowl of pho and durian shake I had for dinner.

Plunkybug

I have not had the chance to try this one. I am curious though.

CrowKettle

If you like sweet lemon desserts and don’t mind a little ginger then this is neat tea to try. All of its flavours are very distinct in their own way.

Plunkybug

I might try in the next two days as I am off from work, though I have a work meeting in the evening.

Plunkybug

I picked this up and the spring collection today…just 15g of each, but this smells amazing. Like the lemon creme filling in cookies, or lemon icing on cookies. Can’t wait to try it.

CrowKettle

I love the smell too and look forward to reading your tasting note (hope you like it)!

Comments

Plunkybug

I have not had the chance to try this one. I am curious though.

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland