1oz sipdown! This tea is a creative novelty, which is another way for me to say that I don’t quite grasp the full concept of this cup. It’s probably the potatoes. I understand the spiced apple (which is delicious), and the pairing with the very smooth green base that I have yet to try on its own (next order). Then there are potatoes, whose presence in the blend is much akin to rainbow unicorns dancing a waltz in your kitchen (with potatoes).

I like how you can tinker with this cup to get different notes out of it. Add salt for delicious potato pancakes (that was yummy), drink right away or with sugar to get apples, eat potatoes and forget about rest of tea, etc. I think my best cup of this was when I forgot about it for an hour- I could taste all of the ingredients in that session. This blend is a lot of fun and I enjoyed scooping my big servings out. I’ll miss its funky presence and comforting applesauce flavours.

Tabby

What a crazy combination! I love it.

Plunkybug

I have it on the spreadsheet to try!

BoxerMama

I just received my order with this. I love it!

Terri HarpLady

Hmmmm….the idea of this one hasn’t really appealed to me, but I guess I’ll have to try it on my ‘next’ butiki order…

terri – it’s acually a beautiful apple cinnamon tea imo. I kind of ignored the potato aspect of it since they almost add a heaviness to the tea or something.. i can’t describe it very well

CrowKettle

Yeah, the potatoes don’t impact the flavour of the tea in an obvious manner. It’s more like a starchy, filled out apple cinnamon tea. This is probably one of my favourite apple blends. :)

Comments

Tabby

What a crazy combination! I love it.

Plunkybug

I have it on the spreadsheet to try!

BoxerMama

I just received my order with this. I love it!

Terri HarpLady

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland