Taken with milk.

I wasn’t sure about this one at first- the maple and vanilla cream are decadent and then I the bergamot (and rooibos) step in. The mix of cloying sweetness with floral citrus continues to grow on me though, in the same way that sour cream on pancakes and whipped cream steak grew on me (Czech food is fun). I even like how the rooibos contributes to the blend; it adds extra dimensions to the maple flavour.

The sweet spice of the cinnamon, salty-sweet calendula, and the mouth drying astringency provide additional contrasts and highlights.

This is definitely a contender for repurchase, but it’s a mental hurdle. I want a permanent maple tea and an earl grey but this challenges my (now problematic) binary tea utopia.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Salt, Vanilla

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland