drank Ben Shan by Verdant Tea

An interesting and prevalent toasty note came out when I steeped this at 85C at 20sec. The lime is still there but it’s not nearly as creamy as I noted before. It reminds me oddly of lime jello morphing into canned pear jello. Once you notice that lime note it doesn’t go away. Ever. I kind of wish someone would take this one and turn it into a flavoured tea, because plain is not doing it for me right now.

Anyways, this is my next Verdant Oolong sipdown project (spring cleanup!). It feels like I have a lot of it but I think that may be deceptive.

(2016 harvest)

Flavors: Floral, Lime, Mineral, Pear, Powdered sugar, Toasty

Lexie Aleah

Sounds very interesting. Now I’m intrigued.

Comments

Lexie Aleah

Sounds very interesting. Now I’m intrigued.

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland