drank Lime Marshmallow Mate by 52teas

I think I now like this one more than my remaining Lime Jello Salad.

Flavors: Candy, Earth, Lime, Marshmallow, Roasted

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more
Fjellrev

No way, better than Lime Jello Salad? Ralph Wiggum would say that that’s unpossible!

CrowKettle

To be fair, my Lime Jello Salad has aged and now the lime leaves/citrusy ingredients are coming across as kind of.. pissy? And mate has more caffeine, or at least I like to think it has more caffeine. I need to believe in that right now.

52Teas

Mate is so invigorating (that is, caffeinated)! I remember last year when I was testing it again – after a couple of years of even having any – & it was like a Matcha high on steroids! I was buzzing – but not in a bad way at all. Just – I can’t drink it very late because it will keep me up for another few hours.

Comments

Fjellrev

CrowKettle

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada