I had received a generous sample of this from The TeaGuy last night (thank you again).

I had a dull night at work last night since there wasn’t a whole lot to be done due to the holiday. So, coming home and finding tea mail on the kitchen table was a great way to end the night. I had opened the box and each sample within, just to give them a quick smell; however, the Blood Orange sample had stuck out much more than the others (which they too had smelled wonderful). Therefore, I boiled water, threw some of this into an infuser, steeped for 5 minutes, and sipped.

Notes: Aroma: smells like a sweet freshly picked orange, vanilla, and rooibos (uh oh). Taste: The citrus hides the rooibos well (thank goodness) and there is a touch of vanilla (?) in the aftertaste; reminds me of a type of citrus dessert.

I noted that this would make a refreshing iced tea, so I’ll make sure to try it this weekend via cold brew.

Flavors: Blood orange, Citrus, Sweet, Vanilla

Arby

This sounds delicious!

Evol Ving Ness

Creamsicle flavours always win.

mtchyg

^I agree. Creamsicle is the best. Would you say this falls in that category? That is what I am imagining with the sweet orange and vanilla.

S.G. Sanders

Yes, that’s exactly it!

Comments

Arby

This sounds delicious!

Evol Ving Ness

Creamsicle flavours always win.

mtchyg

S.G. Sanders

Yes, that’s exactly it!

I’ve been drinking quality teas for a couple of years. It all began in college when an old roommate introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it’s time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

As C.S. Lewis once said, “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

A little bit about me: I’m a writer, an avid hiker, a poet, a teacher, a tea drinker, and I like collecting books. I enjoy the journey in the woods—the calm of the river and/or creek as it carries itself along the woods. I love people, and I enjoy conversations and meeting others to talk about books, tea, etc.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s.g_sanders1/

PS. I really like oolong (Dancong, Alishan, Bug Bitten, etc), Sheng, & shou puerh.

Northeast Ohio