This is a very nice, balanced tea with extremely soft mouthfeel. There are a lot of subtleties to it.

The smell of dry leaves reminds me of nuts, hot chocolate, fruits and smoke. Interesting notes like grilled aubergine emerge in the wet leaves, complementing the expected ones of tobacco and sweet leather.

Taste is somewhat medicinal, tangy and crisp. It has a very good balance of sweet, sour, nutty and earthy. I can taste lemon zest, almond skins, pomegranade and leather. On top of that, the somewhat drying aftertaste displays a strong pinewood note.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Fruity, Grilled Food, Leather, Lemon Zest, Medicinal, Nuts, Nutty, Smoke, Tangy, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 30 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds.

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and only recently (in 2017) started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth. I rarely drink blends or white tea and avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied. The one thing that I am currently missing in my collection are teas from India, in particular some Darjeelings.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada