The bag smells like key lime, but lime green skittles. As soon as I soak the leaves with hot water-thick, buttery cream blams into my nose with the key lime. I was not counting time, but it could not be more than two minutes and thirty seconds. Water at around 200 F, 6 ounces, a little over a teaspoon. The leaves opened up quickly.

First taste, key lime pie. Moslty key lime custard with a strong, but thinner cream note. The cream flavor blended into the oolong perfectly. It actually made me think of Mandala’s Milk Oolong in a weird way. Specifically, the first five second steep where you can taste a weird buttery creamy candiness. It was not nearly as thick as the Mandala’s Milk, but still milky nonetheless. Some might disagree with my comparison, but the creaminess is there. The graham cracker is a lot more subtle, but if you pay attention, it’s there.

Steep two at about four minutes, lime is what I taste the most. Not quite as creamy as before but still a hint creamy.

More will be written. Expect me to edit this.

I can say that I wish Lauren always had a Jade blend up because she has done a good job with every one that I tried.

Flavors: Cream, Custard, Graham Cracker, Lime, Milk

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA