Dear glorb, who would have thought jasmine and black tea would marry so wonderfully in flavor and aroma? This is the best jasmine-scented tea I’ve ever had. So easy to drink. The Yunnan black really brings the heady florals of jasmine down a notch despite the strong yet pleasing non-perfumey aroma of the contents of the bag. Jasmine top note, fruity mid and cocoa base. Thick, sweet and some astrigency that I find pleasing and may be well masked if you’re the type of person to add milk to your tea. Interesting kind of spicy warming feeling that sticks around. This tea is very pricey but M. Whispering Pines is a master at the blending/scenting game. Curiosity wins again.

Edit: I keep upping the rating as I think about it more.

(Western, 1tsp, 8oz, 212F, 3/5m)

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
__Morgana__

Sounds yum!

Girl Meets Gaiwan

Ooh, very interesting!

LuckyMe

Sounds delicious. Verdant has a jasmine scented Golden Fleece black tea that’s really good too.

Mastress Alita

Even I’d be willing to try this one, and we know how I typically get on with jasmine…

derk

If you did ok with the Pomelo Fragrance Oolong, you’ll probably be ok with this one.

Comments

__Morgana__

Sounds yum!

Girl Meets Gaiwan

Ooh, very interesting!

LuckyMe

Mastress Alita

derk

Most enjoyment:

I prefer straight loose-leaf and compressed tea, teabags for ease of use and herbal teas/tisanes. My favorite teas come from all over including China, Taiwan, Nepal, Darjeeling, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan and Georgia. The only one that doesn’t do much for me is Ceylon.

I abandoned my preference reference in early 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative description and because everybody uses a different rating scale. I’m still comfortable toggling the ‘Not/Recommended’ button.

Preference reference:

Some things about me:

Endless curiosity and fascination have led me to wear many hats. Stubbornness and naivety have led me down dark paths. The restlessness isn’t improving with age but at least at 37, I’m finally aware of my nature. I have high physical energy and love being around people but am easily exhausted. My most recent caricature is that of an environmental engineering masters dropout working in retail electrical sales. An impatient woman with a knack for making stupid decisions, a lover of Jesus, science, art, beauty and language who happens to ride a motorcycle and bicycle, dabbles in sax, wields a chainsaw and drinks tea out of tiny pots. They call me “Trouble”.

Sonoma County, California, USA