A gift.

Don’t have much to add as there are already very good descriptions of this tea.
It is almost like eating a sugar cookie with buttercream-cherry icing — heavy on the butter, light on the floral cherry — while sitting on bed of fresh and fragrant sweet grass.
A second steep brings out more of the spinach vegetal flavor of the sencha and the cherry blossom becomes even more subtle but it’s still a delightful sip.

Hello, spring.

Thank you Mastress Alita.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 0 sec 2 g 7 OZ / 200 ML
Kawaii433

Cameron B. sent me this one to try. I really liked it :D.

Mastress Alita

That’s a slight improvement from cherry-scented butt from the salted-sakura leaf version that Lupicia does. I like both, but do prefer the sugared leaves over the salted, myself.

derk

Nobody wants to smell your finger when you say “Smell my finger.”
Night and Day, both from the cupboards of Mastress Alita.

LuckyMe

Still my favorite sakura tea. Glad you liked it too.

Comments

Kawaii433

Cameron B. sent me this one to try. I really liked it :D.

Mastress Alita

derk

Nobody wants to smell your finger when you say “Smell my finger.”
Night and Day, both from the cupboards of Mastress Alita.

LuckyMe

Still my favorite sakura tea. Glad you liked it too.

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA