drank Taiwan GABA Oolong Tea by What-Cha

Oh my glob. I had 4g of April 2019 harvest stewing in my thermos all morning. Incredible. I moaned during lunch, 6 hours after pouring hot water over the leaves. A coworker asked me if I needed a room. So Thick. So Spicy. Sweet and Fruity. Bought 25g so I’ll be coming back with details but I had to pop in to say

Daaaaaang.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 4 g 20 OZ / 591 ML
Leafhopper

I haven’t had much luck with GABA teas, but now I regret not buying this one in my recent What-Cha order.

LuckyMe

I actually laughed out loud at your review. Then I bookmarked this tea for a future order :-)

Kawaii433

I think What-Cha has the best GABA tea. I like this one but I also love the Vietnamese one!

tea-sipper

Kawaii sent me a bit of this… I will have to try it SOON.

Comments

Leafhopper

LuckyMe

Kawaii433

tea-sipper

Kawaii sent me a bit of this… I will have to try it SOON.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA