drank Tawantin Black Tea by Inca Tea

Gift from ashmanra.

A blend of black teas with purple corn in a sachet.

Brewed in 8oz at 205F for 4 minutes.

It was death, the blackest black I’d ever seen. I drank it anyway. Dense malt with some cocoa, a little spicy, hints of purple corn, bitter, metallic. STRONK. I was like why tf does this taste way overbrewed? It’s full leaf tea not fannings. I turned my head toward the sachet sitting on the lid to my cup and was like OH. It was almost bursting at the seems with leaf. Enough for a large pot, too much for a mere cup. But there was no turning back. I had written my fate in the devil’s ink. What laid in store was hours of misery as I battled caffeine sickness.

Dummy got owned by some frilly sounding word for teabag.

Mastress Alita

Sometimes we need a STRONK cup to test us.

ashmanra

You made me snort laugh! It was MOST unladylike!

Stronk is now added to my vocabulary! But I am so sorry you got beaten up by the tea.

Comments

Mastress Alita

Sometimes we need a STRONK cup to test us.

ashmanra

You made me snort laugh! It was MOST unladylike!

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, GABA oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

Preference reference: